STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 20 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by hangarflying View Post
    Any possibility of making this work with dialogue and assigned speakers so we can drag and drop the block text into the chat frame?
    That would be a fairly significant change - particularly the interface in a story entry as that would need to be changed to allow entering of a language as well as a speaker. Story entries are stored in the Fantasy Grounds formattedtextcontrol control and there is very little that can be done programatically with information that is stored in that control. I can't think of a way to store language information in a story entry and make it available to the languages extension.

It has been mentioned in the past about having a way of setting the current language for all chat entries, so that everything that would be shown as a "chat" entry (in the speech bubble) would use the language font. I've added this to the future development ideas in post #2, don't don't expect anything soon...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I can't think of a way to store language information in a story entry and make it available to the languages extension.
    It would be the same way as storing language information in the chat box. Start the story entry with "/lang abyssal So you've finally come. Now you will die."

The problem is not on the extension's side of things but rather in how a story entry is handled when dragged to the chat window. If it takes the raw text from the formattedtextcontrol and applies it to the chat log as if it were coming from the chat box, then this would work fine. I assume that FG instead applies the the raw text from the formattedtext control directly to the chat log with no apparent source.

In theory, swapping a function call to change the apparent source could make this work quite easily.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

v3.2 released!

• Added 3 new slashhandler commands to allow the GM to add custom font mappings /setlanguage, /removelanguage and /listlanguages (these can be shortened unless there is a conflict with another extension/ruleset).
    • "Custom Languages" added to a campaign using the slashhandler commands can be exported to a module through the use module export window. This allows custom language mapping to be stored as a module and re-used in other campaigns.

Custom Campaign language mapping
    3 new slash handlers have been added to the extension:

1) /setlanguage (can usually be shortened to /setl )

/setlanguage takes 2 parameters, the first is the name of the custom language to be used campaign, the second is the font to use for this language. examples of the font name and the actual font can be found in post #3 of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post166710

Examples:

/setl egyptian osiriani

This will allow /lang egyptian <text> to be used in the chat window and will map the custom language "egyptian" to the "osiriani" font:

The current language mappings in the extension are still available. If the GM wants to change the mapping for an existing language they can use this as normal - the order for mapping checks is: campaign language mapping -> module language mapping -> original extension language mapping, with the first match encountered being the mapping that is used.

2) /listlanguages (can usually be shortened to /listl )

/listlanguages returns all of the current custom language mappings in this campaign and any opened modules.

For example:

3) /removelanguage (can usually be shortened to /removel )

/removelanguage takes a single parameter of languagename and if this language exists within the campaign as a custom language it will be removed. Note: this only works for languages in the campaign, not in modules (which are read only).

Example:

/removel egyptian

This is shown in the following screenshot - first /listl was used to show that egyptian is a campaign language, then /removel egytian is executed to remove the language mapping for egyptian and finally /listl is called again to show that the language has been removed.

Language Modules

"Custom Languages" has been added as an option to the "Module Export" window. This allows custom language mappings to be stored in a module and re-used in other campaigns. You can see language mappings from open modules and the current campaign using the /listlanguages command.

Note:
    • Languages in a module are read only, they cannot be modified with the /removelanguage command.
    • Languages in a module are read after languages in a campaign - the campaign mappings will always be used first. The order is: campaign mapping -> module mapping -> original extension mapping, with the first match encountered being the mapping that is used.
    • Order of checking languages in multiple modules cannot be guaranteed. If you open multiple modules with custom language mappings be sure you have no duplicates as which one that will be used could be random.
    • Using the /listlanguages command will show language mappings from both the local campaign and any open modules.

Last edited by Trenloe; January 28th, 2014 at 16:09.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

*tear*

I can finally speak Gobbledygook in a game.

Much obliged on all the work.

Blog Entries
    This looks awesome. Did you manage to get the language mode feature to be included, where it functions like '/mood' ?
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Any possibility of getting a list of the name of fonts used with the stock languages?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    This looks awesome. Did you manage to get the language mode feature to be included, where it functions like '/mood' ?
    Nope, that is still on the future development list in post #2.

I'm going to have to think about it as that will require changes to the base CoreRPG chat code. What has been great about this extensions so far is that it doesn't modify any CoreRPG files in any way - it is purely called from slashhandler commands. Adding in a language toggle would require changes to the base CoreRPG code (that's OK, extensions can handle that!), I need to investigate and think of a good way to do this with the minimum impact to CoreRPG code.

But, thanks BF for the reminder that /mood is essentially similar functionality - I'll look at how that works...

EDIT: Does /mood work for Chat text from a story entry? No, it doesn't...
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 28th, 2014 at 16:41.

Did you see my suggestion above?

Changing the functionality of the story entry drag-n-drop would allow the language command (and mood for that matter) to act normally. Would be beneficial even for people that don't use the languages.

(Oh and by the way, you can drag story entries to the chat box and hit enter to have them process this way already. If someone really wanted the /lang or /mood in a chunk of boxed text, they could drag to the chat box instead of the chat window.)
    Last edited by Nickademus; January 28th, 2014 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Did you see my suggestion above?
    Yeah, this is all covered by the "Language toggle - makes all chat entries in a specific language until the toggle is removed/changed. More than likely a slash handler, e.g. /currentlanguage Elven" item in the future development list in post #2.

Hmm. Perhaps I'm not explaining well enough. I'm not talking about the language extension at all.

I'm saying, if you modified how the story entry text is handled when it is dragged onto the chat window, you could get it to register all slash commands as if the text were sent from the chat box.

Thread Information