STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 20 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Thank you. An alternative would be to add additional fonts. Much more difficult by comparison.
    Using the same fonts for certain languages were based off 3.5e and Pathfinder documentation indicating that some languages share the same alphabet. As a result I think doing scrambling based off the language and the word is the best approach so that, for example, the Dwarven and Orcish written word for "fight" would be different for each language and would always be the same for the specific language.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Tren, am I correct that I can edit the "extension.xml" file to add new language/font combinations... especially if I'm just using the existing fonts?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    Tren, am I correct that I can edit the "extension.xml" file to add new language/font combinations... especially if I'm just using the existing fonts?
    Yep - info provided in post #5.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yep - info provided in post #5.
    *facepalm* Of course it is.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Rookie question: does every player need to have this extension installed?

Quote Originally Posted by hangarflying View Post
    Rookie question: does every player need to have this extension installed?
    No, just the GM - the code from the extension will be downloaded by the players and put in the player campaign cache when they connect to the GM.

UPDATE: V3.1 released:

• Randomseed for letter scrambling now includes the language name. This results in the same scrambled word being used each time with different words across languages that share the same alphabet/font.
    • Cleaned up chat slashhandler help.

Download available post #1.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 27th, 2014 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    UPDATE: V3.1 released:

• Randomseed for letter scrambling now includes the language name. This results in the same scrambled word being used each time with different words across langauges that share the same alphabet/font.
    • Cleaned up chat slashhandler help.

Download available post #1.
    Heh. I downloaded the extension literally 10 minutes before you made this update.

Thank you sir. Your tolerance of my OCD is admirable.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Any possibility of making this work with dialogue and assigned speakers so we can drag and drop the block text into the chat frame?

Thread Information