Starfinder Playlist
Page 19 of 21 First ... 91718192021 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mdbaine View Post
    Ok, I will try to set it up for the wired connection. What threw me off was that the wireless connection worked on Friday, but not yesterday.
    I'm guessing your wireless IP address was different yesterday to what it was on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by mdbaine View Post
    So do I have to remove port forwarding for the wireless connection? Or does it overwrite and make the wired connection the valid one?
    You can only have one port forwarding rule. Remove any/all you already have and setup a new one for the static IP address you setup for your wired connection.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Trenloe, I will try this out when I get home from work today.
    Twitch profile - https://www.twitch.tv/dedlivin
    Discord - Sinster(UTC -5)#8445
    Steam - Sinster_DJ
    Battle.net - Sinster#1874

Thanks again Trenloe, it worked automatically for us tonight with Hamachi. I am note sure why it wasn't showing the PHB for him yesterday. It appears that we are all good to go now.
    Twitch profile - https://www.twitch.tv/dedlivin
    Discord - Sinster(UTC -5)#8445
    Steam - Sinster_DJ
    Battle.net - Sinster#1874

Also, and I just found this out because I tried to host an FG session that worked last time I tried it. It didn't work last night.

The reason? My ISP has been moving all residential accounts behind a CGNAT, which has the awesome side effect of hiding your IP address to the public. The CGNAT is used so they don't run out of IP4 addresses, and to to this, it uses one public IP address for potentially thousands of customers.

So, I banged my head against a wall for an hour trying to forward a port through my router. Checked all of the "port checker" web sites, tried the internal FG test, everything failed.

I had no idea that my ISP had moved me behind the CGNAT.

Hamachi was the solution for me.

I'm now in the process of trying to get a public IP address from my ISP, but it's proving less than fun.

Get and use a VPN, will probably be cheaper than a public IP from your ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Get and use a VPN, will probably be cheaper than a public IP from your ISP.
    He said he was using Hamachi.

Hello so I'm wondering if this still works trying to get some friends online for this but they seem unable to connect still.

I am also completely brand new to fantasy ground so that may be my fault.

Edit: Figured it out. i now feel really dumb.
    Last edited by TheFirDarrig; June 1st, 2019 at 20:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I have to forward my router to my wireless modem and then wireless modem to my computer.
    Make sure that the ISP's router and wireless router are both allowing passthrough of the ports for FG, most often done via port forwarding. Port triggering really isn't the same thing even though they make it sound like it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirloc View Post
    Make sure that the ISP's router and wireless router are both allowing passthrough of the ports for FG, most often done via port forwarding. Port triggering really isn't the same thing even though they make it sound like it.
    Is there a reason you randomly replied to a 2yr old post from the middle of this thread?
    Just curious...

Thread Information