5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 17 of 21 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Welcome to the forums Silencio.

If everyone is showing as connected to Hamachi then that is "probably" OK.

The first thing to check should be that there is nothing blocking the GM's instance of FantasyGrounds.exe from communicating on port 1802 on the Hamachi network. Check in Windows Network and Sharing and see if the Hamachi network is showing as Public (not private/home/work). If so, change it to private and double check that your security software is allowing FantasyGrounds.exe access to the network.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm actually on a Mac, and my firewall is off. As such, I'm not actually sure how to check on these things.

I just fixed the issue. It was apparently a problem with Hamachi. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the application and then it was working again.

Right then, after doing some serious reading and comparing and generally battering my poor brains I'm stumped.
    Setup: OTR Driver who uses Verizon wireless jetpack to connect to the internets.
    Currently has 1 month sub to HMA VPN. Kaspersky Total Sec. firewall, fantgrounds exe is trust so is HMA, FG detects HMA IP, run test fails. Any ideas or is more poor abused mind missing something?

I had many problems with Kaspersky interfering with games. Try turning off "Self-Defense" in the Settings. That fixed a number of problems for me, though not enough for me to keep Kaspersky.

The final culprit, and the only one I can think of, unless Kaspersky has something I wouldn't know to look for, is my verizon jetpack as it uses a dynamic IP of course I thought using a VPN would solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Akki_Wolf View Post
    Currently has 1 month sub to HMA VPN.
    HMA no longer works since they started sharing IP addresses earlier this year. HMA is different from Hamachi - which is what this thread refers to.

If you don’t want to try Hamachi and want a purely VPN solution known to work with Fantasy Grounds, look at PureVPN with the dedicated IP addition.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Doh! Thanks for the info. Gonna try to get people on the Hama.

Hey folks, I am struggling with a Time Capsule (Apple), through to a wireless and Ethernet connection to 2 Win 1-0 PC's. I have tried almost all available port forwarding options, that I can find on the interwebs, to no avail.
    Options now are to try an IPV6, but since it is apple, and a comcast modem, I can not ascertain which of the IPs to set it up as nor the default gateway, etc - I am hesitant to play with things outside of my capabilities, especially if the wifi or internet goes down, I will lose my right to sex with the Mrs for a long time... Not something I am willing to gamble.
    The other option from what I am reading is the Hamachi? Is this my safer route?
    I thank you all in advance for your time!
    Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Hey DM Vetch, not sure exactly what is going on, but a few things;
    - FG only works with IPV4, so don't bother trying IPV6.
    - You can only port forward to one device at a time, so you can not host on two different PCs at the same time (unless you change FG to use a port other than 1802).
    - Did you try portforward.com to find instructions for port forwarding for a Time Capsule?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information