DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    No, the NPC sheet does not auto calculate armor class. It is a simple text field that gets parsed when you add it to the combat tracker.

Regards,
    NPC

Moon can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the reason many of the fields for the NPCs don't auto calculate is that the NPC record is fairly limited in data, as compared to the character sheet. The NPC record sheets themselves are not very big, and you'd get into issues of how you can display to the end user what is being calculated, what the value is, and where it's coming from. This is especially problematic where some modifiers can negate or counteract other modifiers - again, difficult to communicate without creating a large NPC sheet... which then has it's own issues of maintenance, usability, etc. It's simpler for NPCs to just leave all fields as text fields, and the GM can populate them before the game session at his/her leisure.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Thread Information