STAR TREK 2d20
Page 26 of 44 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVATAR77 View Post
    i'm having an issue with this extension. when i use it to add layers to a map, the mask mode gets deactivated (i use mask mode for fog of war simulation). not even the theatre mask icon works.
    As LordEntrails says - you can only mask on the bottom layer.

Please make sure you've read through the gotchas in the first couple of posts of this thread to understand the differences when using this extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a way to tell what version you currently have installed?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    Is there a way to tell what version you currently have installed?
    Load up a campaign with the extension enabled and look at the message displayed in the chat window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Load up a campaign with the extension enabled and look at the message displayed in the chat window.
    To easy, thank you for the fast response.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Hi!

I have seen you replying to a Enhanced Images 4e question where I wonder if that is still the case. The question was: when in game - do I have to switch between top and bottom layer to on the one side interact with the tokens of the PC and on the other hand care about unmasking the next parts of a dungeon e.g.?

I wonder if the "token shadow" functionality which was added has to do something with this?

Please let me know and thanks for your reply already in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldbaer View Post
    I have seen you replying to a Enhanced Images 4e question where I wonder if that is still the case. The question was: when in game - do I have to switch between top and bottom layer to on the one side interact with the tokens of the PC and on the other hand care about unmasking the next parts of a dungeon e.g.?

I wonder if the "token shadow" functionality which was added has to do something with this?
    The "Things to note" bullet points in post #1 cover these questions.

You can only interact with player tokens on the top layer, and you can only unmask on the bottom layer.

The token shadows were purely added to provide a guide to the location of creature tokens when unmasking or placing tokens on the lower layers.

Ok - thank you. I tried several things to somehow circumvent that because I believe it is kind of a hassle to switch back and forth and I just hoped that I missed something. Sorry for bothering you with something which was answered already in post #1. I saw it actually but wanted to be very sure that this is really the case.

I like the idea of the extension very much though but I think playing that way is a bit long-winded...

Thank you nevertheless for replying once again to something that was answered already. Appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldbaer View Post
    I like the idea of the extension very much though but I think playing that way is a bit long-winded...
    It's one click to change layers. But, only you can decide if that is too much hassle for you to use or not.

I say to anyone who uses this extension: there are gotchas and limitations, only you can decide if the advantages of using the extension outweigh the disadvantages in your game.

Yes...ok. I try the fight and report back

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Wall View Post
    Hey, this looks AMAZING. I'm one of those weird "hex grid" users so I'm out in the cold, but this is a great extension I'll pass on to friends. Great job.
    So, I know this states that it doesn't support HEX, but I have run several GURPS games using this.

You do have to draw your grid large to start, but once it takes you can manually scale it down. Worked like a champ.

Now, with Ronnke's scale feature in the newest release, v3.1.0, it hides the scale button in the image toolbar. I had to initially open the maps I was using with the Layers extention off. Turn on and set the scale for the maps I was using. Then once that was done, restart with the Layers extension. And viola, I have layer and pointers with range penalties.

It looks like the layers button overwrites the scale button on the images toolbar.

You can see it in use in our games here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCog...foShOVyXMbQugA You can see it used a lot in episodes 10 and 11, the vehicles in these episodes are on layer 2.
    Last edited by CommJunkee; October 20th, 2017 at 20:22.

Thread Information