STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 44 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfitt View Post
    I didn't see this mentioned in the issues list on the first page, but I'm having trouble trying to export modules from a campaign with this extension enabled.

If I create a map and start adding pins, and then export that campaign as a module, when I import it into another the game the pins are all gone.

I've tested this pretty extensively, and the same exact steps taken on a campaign without the extension turned on will export as expected and the pins are fine.
    Welcome jwfitt
    What layer are you putting your pins on?
    Can you put them on the top layer and retry?

I have been testing them on the top-most layer of my maps with Enhanced Images enabled.

After doing another series of tests and putting pins on all 3 layers, only the pins on the bottom-most layer appear when I export it as a module and then load that module in another campaign.

Attachment 17344

Image just showing the "bottom-most layer," which does export fine.
    All other pins on mid or top layers are lost ort invisible upon loading the exported module.
    Last edited by jwfitt; January 10th, 2017 at 07:19.

Blog Entries
    Trenloe maybe add something to this line about exporting pins?

Shortcuts (pushpin) that link to campaign entries can be put on any layer - but they are only active (can be selected) on that layer, even though they are viewable on the higher layers. Note: If you open an image from a module that has pushpins these will be visible across all layers but only selectable on the base layer.

If I create a map and start adding pins, and then export that campaign as a module, when I import it into another the game the pins are all gone.
    This is because the FG export architecture doesn't allow for the layers - it only exports the bottom layer (which uses the standard non-layer FG name). The only impact of this is for pushpins, as tokens and drawings don't get exported even without this extension. I've added a new issue in post #2 that mentions this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is because the FG export architecture doesn't allow for the layers - it only exports the bottom layer (which uses the standard non-layer FG name). The only impact of this is for pushpins, as tokens and drawings don't get exported even without this extension. I've added a new issue in post #2 that mentions this.
    The best workflow I found is to build my modules with the pins on that core, bottom layer.

When I want to share a pin with players, I can go to the bottom layer, open the story entry, switch to the top-most layer, and then drop and share a pin on that layer.

The best workflow I found is to build my modules with the pins on that core, bottom layer.

When I want to share a pin with players, I can go to the bottom layer, open the story entry, switch to the top-most layer, and then drop and share a pin on that layer.
    Yeah, this is probably the best workaround. It also means that your image exports remain compatible with base Fantasy Grounds, in case you ever wanted to use the module in a campaign without the layers extension (perish the thought!)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

To clarify, you cannot create any player-shared pins in the creation of a module you plan to load and use in a main campaign (or share), because the only pins that will export must be on the bottom layer, and players opening a shared image/map will see those green shared pins, but be unable to click them because they can only see and access the top layer.

In order to have exportable pins, you must build them all on the base layer and no player-shared pins can/should be created in a module you plan to export and load in a different campaign.

To get around this, you should create/share the player viewable pins within the actual campaign itself.

For example, if I want to have a DM pin with info about a location on a Forgotten Realms map, I can create that in my master world building module. Then in my actual gameplay campaign, when players learn or hear about that location, I can open the pin (from my base layer), switch to the top-most layer (that players can see), and drop a copy of the pin there and then share it.

I'm using 3.2.2 and there is a combat tracker problem when I use this extension with Savage Worlds. Attack and damage bids are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by christophersons View Post
    I'm using 3.2.2 and there is a combat tracker problem when I use this extension with Savage Worlds. Attack and damage bids are not working.
    This extension is not compatible with Savage Worlds.

Trenloe,

I am working with the new Gurps ruleset, and tried out your extension. It seems to be working with a hex map. I opened base image (grass jpg), added some tree tokens on the backgrounds layer. I then put a square grid on the top layer, and changed it to hex. Put a player token on the top layer. and things seem to work smoothly.

At the top o fthis thread, I see a few disclaimers about this not working with a hex grid ...? What am I missing? Seems to be working great!

Thread Information