DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 31 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Curious Wounding: I've noticed that when you take a Critical Injury that's pre-made (IE: from the library or another character), it adds one point to the current wounds minimum score. So a character with 2 critical injuries, will have, at best, 2 wounds at all times until the critical injuries are healed. A character with 3 critical injuries, even if healed of normal wounds, would not be able to go below a current wound value of 3.

Now it could very well be a rule I am not familiar with, but I didn't notice anywhere that showed that this was an ancillary effect of critical injuries. Granted, in a way, I like it because it sort of reflects that even when the effects of a hamstringing fades, the character is still a bit gimpy until healed.

That said, I am unclear if this is a feature of the RPG or an unexpected feature of the Ruleset that Trenloe has developed.

Enlightened gratefully will I be.

(PS: Sorry if my sudden slew of inquires seems spammy!)

Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    I will add a question. Does the /whisper function work in this ruleset?
    No, it doesn't work properly. It's on the bug list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Is there any capacity to set up multiple ships currently?
    Nope. I doubt that's something that I'll get round to thinking about any time in the near future.

(Stuff about criticals)
    The critical system is basically the one inherited from the WFRP3 ruleset at the moment, there's not specific automation of anything Star Wars: EotE implemented. I haven't done any work on it at all - it's on the development list, but is pretty low down on the list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Fair enough Wasn't sure, honestly, if it was something I was missing.

As for your list, I am certainly not going to suggest that I should have any input on what should be developed next! We are all more than happy with what you've already done and have nothing but appreciation for the time and energy you expend freely for our benefit. I was more curious as to what was already implemented and what I may be missing or applying incorrectly.

Thanks as always.

Fair enough Wasn't sure, honestly, if it was something I was missing.

As for your list, I am certainly not going to suggest that I should have any input on what should be developed next! We are all more than happy with what you've already done and have nothing but appreciation for the time and energy you expend freely for our benefit. I was more curious as to what was already implemented and what I may be missing or applying incorrectly.

Thanks as always.
    seconded

On multiple ships, I imagine it'd be pretty straightforward to work around. When ransolot ran the Age of Rebellion beginner box using this ruleset, we had two vehicles out at one point. It seemed to work fine.

@ShadeRaven: OggDude's generator can create the Obligation results you want. I think you have to fuss with the Starting Obligation or something. I run into the same trouble with it every time I use it, but by poking around I eventually figure it out.

I guess there's a way to set up a ship as an NPC, but then you can't share that with players and let them see what they have.

I suppose we could just make it a note/text field with the details, and that'd be at least informational. But the party ship is beautifully done with all the important details, hardpoints, guns, etc., all easily read and available.

I'd be curious how you all did it, when it came to combat and tracking the important information in a conflict or at least an encounter/pursuit. I know I'm all ears when it comes to learning the tricks of the trade!

OggDude's CG is amazing, but we've never seem to hit the combo that would allow, for example, 15 Obligation where 5 was base, 5 was for +5 XP, and 5 was from +1000 credits. We could do 15 obligation if it was a +10 add (say +2500 credits), but not if we had 2 individual obligation items.

Hmm, I don't remember precisely how our GM handled the two vehicles. I recall that I had my EoTE/AoR books with me, and I just looked up the stats of the vehicle I was piloting. I don't think I paid much attention to the stats of the shuttle the other PCs were piloting. I don't think the GM used the party vehicle for either vehicle, as we *ahem* appropriated each vehicle. (For a good cause.)

Hey first of all amazing work, EotE has become my favourite system and your FG ruleset has made it possible to play, so big kudos.

We're actually converting the EotE ruleset, which we've been using for our Star Wars game, for our D&D game (switching our 4e and 5e group over respectively because we think it's a far better narrative game). I'm not too bad at tweaking stuff here and there, but two things I've not been able to find, which would be really handy if you could help me out:

1) Which file can I edit to determine what the default skills are when a new player makes their character (we've got a lot of D&D/fantasy themed skills as well as some obvious renames)

2) As one of our skills we're adding in "Finesse" that allows you to use Agility as your melee attack modifier, obviously when setting up a weapon you have the choice of which skill it uses; could you let me know where I can edit this stuff?

(Looking forward to the next version so I can edit all this stuff again!)

@Yospeck - glad you're making good use of the EotE ruleset.

Quick answers:

1) Edit the 3 LUA tables in classes\common\data_common.lua to change the skills that will be added to the PC and NPC character sheets automatically. This is for new characters, existing characters won't see changes to the skill list.

2) The stat to use for a weapon is with all the other weapon statistics in the XML file within the library module. You could either edit the XML directly and re-create the module or you could drag the weapons from the library screen to the campaign item list and edit them there.

Thread Information