FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... Last

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. FG 3.0

V2 Ruleset found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset

The below information is for the old v1 ruleset, please use the v2 ruleset.

Intro video showing dice pool and rolling. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w4d5rwck2...0Die%20Box.mp4

Example Session Video.

V1.1.2 - May 2014 (minor update):
    • Missing coordination skill added.
    • Added chat window message if the GM tries to start a new round from the combat tracker without there being any initiative values. All initiatives should be rolled before the GM starts the combat round.
    • Confirm fix of player side error when init slot removed by GM.

V1.1:
    • First proper release - initial effort at initiative tracker.

Some things to keep in mind:
    • You will probably be able to use this with campaigns from the 2.9.4 version - but you may get some errors initially until everything gets to be the right version.
    • There is still a lot of debug code writing to the console - just close the console window to ignore it.
    • There is no targeting at the moment. You can drag/drop damage (only GM can do this for NPCs) but that is all.
    • No direct minion support as yet - manually adjust the NPC record to account for minions.
    • You can turn off the dice pool viewer on the player side in the options.
    • Please use the skill names as auto generated - if you change the skill names then auto initiative rolling and combat rolling may not work properly.
    • I will be making a user guide - please be patient!
    • This is quite a large ruleset - I will be tidying it up over time. But, at the moment, it mat take quite a while for players to connect and download the first time.

Initiative tracker

Here is my first effort at an initiative tracker that uses the Star Wars: EotE initiative mechanics:

NPCs and PCs are added by dragging their links to the bottom half of the tracker. Note: don't drag NPCs directly from a library. First drag the library NPC to the campaign NPCs list and then drag from the campaign NPCs list to the initiative tracker.

The bottom half is a list of all of the actors in the combat - PCs and NPCs. The top half is the initiative slots available - PC and NPC slots: the init section gets populated automatically if you roll initiative from the PC or NPC sheets after the actor has been added to the initiative tracker. The initiative is shown as XX.YY - where XX is the number of successes and YY are the number of advantages, PCs are listed higher than NPCs for a draw.

To use the init tracker the GM should click the button in the bottom right (End of Round - Reset Init Slots) to put the active indicator on the top slot, or click on the area to the left of the init slot to position the active indicator.

Putting an active indicator on an initiative slot will activate the eligible actors in the bottom half of the screen - a check/tick button appears to the left of eligible actors: the GM always sees all buttons available, the PCs will only see buttons for PCs they control when a free PC init slot is active. You can see an example of this in the above screenshot - One Stormtrooper Sergeant has acted, as has Pash (a PC), the final init slot in the round is now active and the only option for the GM is to add the second Stormtrooper to the slot by pressing the tick/check button to the left of the actor.

Use the "Next Actor" down arrow button to advance to the next init slot (Players can only use the button when the active init slot is occupied by one of their PCs). When the round end, the GM clicks the "End of Round" button to remove all of the actors from the init slots ready for a new round.

At the end of the combat, right-clicking on the grey section between the bottom 2 buttons will give a "Delete all NPCS from tracker" option to remove all of the NPCs. There is also right-click options on each of the entries in the 2 lists.

The Boosts and Setbacks boxes are currently a freeform way of tracking future boost or setback dice - use the sections in the init slot to add boost/setback dice that affect the next friendly/enemy actor, use the sections in the actors list to assign boost/setback dice specific to a character. These dice usually result from spending advantage/setbacks from a dice pool roll result.

Note: The "Add Dice" button doesn't work yet.

Dice box - button to roll the dice pool, GM only button to hide the dice pool and the roll from the players. Buttons to upgrade/downgrade the dice pool. Destiny pool chits can be dragged to apply effects.

Dice box viewer - the players and the GM can see all of the other dice boxes as the dice pools are put together. If the GM uses the privacy button, their dice pool will not be seen by the players.

Double-click adds all skills, combat, characteristic and initiative rolls to the dice pool:

Combat info added to the dice rolls - damage is automatically calculated for a successful attack and can be dragged to the PC or NPC to apply damage (soak is subtracted automatically):

PC and NPC skills auto populate the first time the skills tab is opened:

The main areas left for development are:
    • Documentation
    • Update base module.
    • Minor tidy up (remove debug code, etc.).
    • Opening/activating a window should bring it to the front. Also, click once on button to open window, click again to close it - e.g. story button in sidebar.
    • Auto calculate soak and encumbrance threshold effects.
    • Improving the party starship sheet and functionality.

Further items on the development list (after migration to layered CoreRPG ruleset):
    • If there are advantages/disadvantages on a roll a small window pops up showing the options and allowing the advantages/disadvantages to be spent. This will link into boost and setback dice in the combat tracker.
    • Adding a mini dice pool viewer to the combat tracker so the currently active user's dicepool is automatically displayed.
    • Effects.
    • Add table functionality.

Subscribe to this thread to receive notifications of future updates. Thanks!

Known Issues:
    1. Deleting a PC from "Manage Characters" can result in the next new PC being an exact copy of the previously created PC. This can be edited as normal to create the new PC.
    2. Module export (/export) does not currently work - fix in private testing.
    3. Adding NPCs directly to the initiative tracker from a library will give errors on rolling initiative and also on other functions. Workaround: don't add NPCs to the initiative tracker from the library, add them first to the campaign NPCs list and then add the NPC to the initiative tracker from the campaign NPCs list.

Current Development:

The following is a list of what has been completed in the current, private, development version of the ruleset (neither the dev or public versions are available through the FG updater).

• Added campaign preferences: Age of Rebellion (Warfare knowledge skill and duty), Force and Destiny (Lightsaber combat skill and morality) and Edge of the Empire (obligation).
    • Added Message of the Day functionality.
    • Redesigned character sheet to have basic PC info and token picture at the top of each window. Easier to find a specific PC if multiple PCs are open.
    • Copy NPC details to CT.
    • Roll init form CT.
    • Redesign NPC sheets to have NPC name at the top of all tabs.
    • Add lightsaber skill and other skills from Age of Rebellion (via campaign option). Currently, based off the Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny beta there are two additional skills: Knowledge (Warfare) and Lightsaber.
    • Copy NPC record to the combat tracker rather than link to the NPC list entry.
    • Options to auto roll NPC initiative from the combat tracker.
    • Added minion support for the NPC sheet and the ruleset.
    • Update item fields to reflect EotE entries. e.g. Rune and Craftsmanship.
    • Move wound, stress and destiny chit markers so that they don't interfere with GM ID indicators.
    • Provide critical injury functionality.
    • Vertical resize added to PC and NPC window.

Fixes:
    • Frames within PC and NPC records weren't displaying the top right graphic correctly. Fixed.
    • Module export now working.
    • Current wounds wouldn't go lower than current number of critical injuries (WFRP legacy code).

v1 Archive:

Ruleset PAK - put in <FG App Data Folder>\rulesets: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ars%20EotE.pak

Library Module - put in <FG App Data Folder>\modules: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Library.mod
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 10th, 2015 at 16:09.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The ruleset looks great from what you've shown so far. I know ransolot is looking to run a game, I be be happy to run a game as well to test the ruleset out if your looking for bug reports. I'm looking to run a Beyond the Rim mini campaign once I have a couple sessions under my belt.

Release 1.1 of the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset for Fantasy Grounds 3.0 is available in post #1.

I'll be getting some documentation made soon. In the meantime please play around with it and give feedback in this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you so much so many presents this year eh eh
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

This is great thank you so much. A few of us just started playing EotE recently using Fantasy Grounds. The GM built enough of a rule set to get going but will be transitioning to your work in the New Year as it is much more comprehensive. Thanks again!

Minor update to the ruleset - download in post #1:
    • Fixing of crashes after the init tracker had been closed.
    • Minor Init Tracker improvements for the GM end of turn action.

Amazing stuff for a great game. Thank you, a hundred times, for your work on this Trenloe. Looking to get an Edge of the Empire game off the ground for my group and we'd not be able to without your efforts.

Kudos!

This looks great, thanks for you work putting this together.

Quick question. None of the options on the right side of the screen appear for me. It has the dice on the bottom right and the chat window only. Do I need to turn something on when I start the campaign. This is probably an easy fix just cant figure it out.

Thanks
    Grey
    Attachment 5781
    When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by anmay73 View Post
    Quick question. None of the options on the right side of the screen appear for me. It has the dice on the bottom right and the chat window only. Do I need to turn something on when I start the campaign. This is probably an easy fix just cant figure it out.
    Are you using FG 3.0?

Are you running the window maximised? Try running it in windowed mode (not maximised).

I haven't seen this issue before, so not sure what might be causing it.

I'm using 2.9.4.

I have two monitors set running the extended desktop option.

I've tried minimizing and maximizing the window. Also i've tried dragging it from monitor to monitor.

When I get home tonight I'll try unhooking one monitor to see if that is the issue.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not.
    - Mark Twain

Thread Information