STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: Release v3.0

Release v3.0

Fantasy Grounds v3.0 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

Please see the following post for a summary of changes in this release. Additionally, a more comprehensive list of patch notes is available here.

If for any reason you are unable to use v3.0, please immediately let me know via private message or the House of Healing forum.

NOTE: You should disable all extensions for 3.5E and 4E campaigns as the ruleset structure has changed dramatically since the last version, and the extension developers will most likely need to update their extensions to work correctly.

NOTE 2: Targeting has changed dramatically in this version. Please see primer in second post.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 23rd, 2013 at 23:32.

Quick Primer on Targeting Changes

Targeting is now token-to-token targeting, instead of user-to-token targeting. Also, targeting is stored and remembered between sessions.

Token Selection
    • Mouse click on a token (with no modifier key) to select the token (dark ring).
    • Press SHIFT+mouse click to select additional tokens.
    • Press the selection mode image toolbar button (or use right click menu) to select a group of tokens.
    • Press SHIFT while in selection mode to choose tokens in a freehand region, instead of a box region.
    • Selected tokens can be moved as a group.

Token Targeting
    • Press CTRL+mouse click to target a token with any selected tokens.
    • For the CoreRPG, 3.5E, PFRPG, 4E, C&C and CoC rulesets; if no tokens are selected, the token linked to the active character (for players) or the active CT entry (for GM) will target the clicked token instead.
    • Press the targeting mode image toolbar button (or use right click menu) to target more than one token.
    • Press SHIFT while in targeting mode to choose targets in a freehand region, instead of a box region.

Summary of updates

• New CoreRPG ruleset included as a basis for generic RPG play, or as a base layer for other rulesets.
    • Modules are now treated like books; GM has full control over access and sharing of all modules
    • Campaign records can be shared (i.e. made public) without having players connected.
    • Failed file transfers (images, tokens, modules, portraits) due to network errors will attempt resend.
    • Buttons added for quick access to data folders for custom campaign files. (images, tokens, etc.)
    • Overhaul of targeting system. Now token-to-token targeting, instead of player-to-token targeting.
    • Drag and drop image files onto token bag or campaign images list.
    • Undo support for formatted text data fields.
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Drag and drop item distribution between characters and party sheet
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Sell remaining items at percentage button added to party sheet
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Double-click on token to open PC/NPC data record for tokens linked to combat tracker
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Double-click on PC/NPC data record token field to open map where combat tracker token is located
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Token auto-scaling option added
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Token facing option added
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Token bag is larger and searchable
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Public checkbox in campaign notes
    • ...Lots of developer additions and changes...
    • ...Many other minor changes for client, as well as 4E, PFRPG and 3.5E rulesets...
    • ...And many bug fixes...

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 18th, 2013 at 22:52.

Good work, folks. These changes represent a huge step forward for GMs who want to run the game easily. Drag and drop images, targeting on the map, token searching. Well done.

Fudge Dice! Thank you for the die image for those. Fate Core and Dresden Files updates to come. No promises when though.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quick primer on targeting added to second post.

JPG

Are you going to be updating the other purchasable Rule sets like M&M?

Is there any way to downgrade back to 2.9x?

Savage Worlds is rather broken right now (running Necropolis fights with 50+ bads guys I really need player-token tagging working, also without iKael's expansions half of my pre-defined encounters do not work to well
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

okay... downloaded and installed fg3.

question: there was a file in fg2 (3.5e.pak) that allow me to fart around with skinning. where is that file in fg3 -- is it stored elsewhere?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

In the /rulesets directory
    GM for Rusta utilizing FG2 Ultimate.

Is Numenera rule set still being developed? It won't let me create a campaign for it and when I try and open the one I created while in development it has an issue with base.xml
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information