DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: GUMSHOE Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    some link to download it?
    See post #8
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See post #8
    Or 1, or 3, or 5, or 12. ;-)
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I believe you looking for this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UE&usp=sharing

Its under Valarian's signature.

Edit: 2 replies, while I made this short text. People on this forum is too helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I believe you looking for this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UE&usp=sharing

Its under Valarian's signature.

Edit: 2 replies, while I made this short text. People on this forum is too helpful!
    yes was it!!! thanks a lot!!
    Last edited by vyruxx; February 13th, 2014 at 11:48. Reason: give thanks

Blog Entries
    Do I have to change from .zip to .pak before I drop it in the ruleset folder? I tried that and not changing it and I can't seem to make it work.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Do I have to change from .zip to .pak before I drop it in the ruleset folder? I tried that and not changing it and I can't seem to make it work.
    Unzip the .zip file in the \rulesets directory so that a new directory is created "fcore-GUMSHOE"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi All,

I have recently started playing several Gumshoe based games on FG2. I am going to venture a one off of NBA, so Valarian's character sheet is going to of great use to me.

I was wondering if a ruleset for ToC and Ashen Stars were being worked on, or a generic Gumshoe ruleset with extensions for different games? I would be really interested to see any rulesets for Gumshoe.

If anyone is making a library module for Toc, Ashen Stars or NBA, I would be willing to add in the raw data - providing I have a template (empty) module to work from. I have only taught myself xml coding skills and have to work from examples, but if there is any help I can give just let me know. I did write an excel spread sheet that would take raw data and convert it to XML, with all appropriate tags and codes for the WFRP3 library module so anyone could just tap away at the keys and get action cards encoded - a bit rough and ready, but it worked, and people did not have to know how to use XML to provide a code snippet to insert into the library.

Keep up the good work and feel free to contact me if you want some basic data input done.

Cheers,

Alp

The ruleset will cater for other Gumshoe games, but you may want to change the desktop. For library modules, that would be dependent on any official ruleset. You are unable to share modules built for your own use.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Would an empty library module be acceptable? ie The structure in place, but unpopulated except for generic test entries (containing the word test or similar only)

People could then chose to fill in the details as they wished.

Cheers,

Alp

Quote Originally Posted by alp View Post
    Would an empty library module be acceptable? ie The structure in place, but unpopulated except for generic test entries (containing the word test or similar only)
    That would be fine.

You can also include anything that is in the GUMSHOE SRD (covered by the OGL - which you must include with any material you distribute or the creative commons version) - both are linked from this post: https://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=13319
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 2nd, 2014 at 12:23.

Thread Information