STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: GUMSHOE Ruleset

Hi All,

A quick update for the Gumshoe OGL library. As you can see I have got a good way through it, and hope to finish it before I go back to work next week.

You will notice that the Investigative Skills section, needs working on. All the skills are listed in their sub-skills, but I need to link the chapter entry to the page entries.

I also need to re-work the chapter numbers, as I have just split the library into 3 categories.

Any help with style changes (how do I hake the line spacing in the left hand side pane smaller?) would be really helpful.

Kind regards,

Alp

For those who are interested in Trail of Cthulhu (GUMSHOE), Bundle of Holding are currently running a ToC bundle. $8.95 for the rulebook, screen and a collection of 4 adventures - meet the threshold level and you get another 3 books.

https://www.bundleofholding.com/index/current
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi All,

Another quick update.

I am having less and less time to work on this but I think there have been some improvements. Hope I have got rid of all the script errors now.

Cheer,

Alp

Quote Originally Posted by alp View Post
    Hi All,

Another quick update.

I am having less and less time to work on this but I think there have been some improvements. Hope I have got rid of all the script errors now.

Cheer,

Alp
    I haven't had a chance to check this out Alp, is this related to the Trail ruleset?

This library was written for the fcore_gumshoe ruleset (NDM by Valarian), I will try and change it to include the ToC ruleset (I am sure that you can make a library acceptable for more than one ruleset).

It covers the Gumshoe OGL rules, but does not include any of the game system specific rules as they are copyright. I am quite willing to provide a skeleton library for ToC, but it would be up to individual GM's / Groups to populate the structure of the library. Secondly, you would need to ask the ruleset author(s) to enable you to drag and drop library items / articles onto a character sheet as this is WAAAAAAAY beyond my abilities.

Having got the library structure down it should be easy to make a game specific blank quite easily.

I play Ashen Stars, NDM and ToC - so will eventially develope the the library for all of these, and am quite happy to release an blank library for people to put references into - As long as they do not release it to the public domain it should be fine?

Cheers,

Adam
    Last edited by alp; June 3rd, 2014 at 21:05.

Only the Gumshoe SRD text can be released and shared. The Ashen Stars, Night's Black Agents and other individual systems can't.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I'm also starting a revised CoreRPG version of the Gumshoe ruleset, based on the Night's Black Agents one for Foundation Core. Not got very far with it as yet.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I will eventually complete the SRD / OGL material, but would quite happily provide a "Blank" template that others could populate as they required - Is that allowed as it only holds chapter titles and a example record called ... well ... Example?

I have uploaded the revised library, but have not had time to really test it in FG2/3, so let me know if I am still making mistakes or where I could improve. I am off on thursday so will work further on this and will try and touch base again for advice and input as I am still overwhelmed ... a bit.

The revised gumshoe is looking good, and the ToC ruleset looks good, but has so many LUA elements in it that are beyond me .... nice and adaptable, but can't understand .00001% of it (to adapt it for my games).

Cheers,

Alp

Blog Entries
    I like the look of it Valarian! And keep up the good work Alp. I've been using it and everything works great so far.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alp View Post
    I will eventually complete the SRD / OGL material, but would quite happily provide a "Blank" template that others could populate as they required - Is that allowed as it only holds chapter titles and a example record called ... well ... Example?
    I cant see any way for that to be an issue.

Thread Information