5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhound View Post
    (Though if any CC3 experts feel like contacting me to tell me what the hell was going on, said input is more than welcome too...)

Edit: Even stranger, they were originally coming out at 54.5 by 54.542 pixels. I didn't stand a chance in the world without this little utility...
    Put the bottom left corner at 0,0 and the top right at the size you need to make the map fit such as 250,250. Once you've done that when you save as a png just make the map either 2500x2500 and you'll have 100 pixel grid... just also make sure when you save as you enter the values of 0,0 and 250,250 when selecting the map corners.

ONce you get used to that it should be quite easy to figure out what you need to do.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    I will add that what often happens is say you create a map at 300x400 with a border, the border actually often ends up being something like 301x401 or such. And when you do your export you're not accounting for the extra size of the border. Drives me crazy

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm having trouble getting the whole of the map I'm trying to align to stay that way. Maybe the image isn't sized consistently and there's no way to fix this? But this is a Dyson map from the new Dragon Heist book and came from the image file on D&D Beyond, so I would think they would have a pretty good image to work off of.

Here is what happens when I align the grid to the bottom right:

Grid Bottom Aligned.png

And this is what the top part of that same building looks like, no matter how much I tweak it:

Grid Top Drift.png

Is there no way to fix this? I just wanted to make sure I was using the tool right and there wasn't something I was missing!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Leohart

If the grid is not a whole number of pixels then it will drift. You may have to resize the map.
    Also the drift there is not significant - as the party progress you can use the nudge tool to make minor adjustments on the fly.

These are the same maps that are in the Fantasy Grounds module and supplied to me by WotC. I used this tool to align the grid on all of those maps so it is certainly possible to do. The question I have is how are you using the tool? I recommend starting at the top left of any map and then draw your initial square (BTW I would recommend 50 px rather than 70 as shown on your image). Once you have the initial grid them move the image to the left until the red grid starts to drift from the grid on the map. Now use the 1/6 and 1/8 to move the red grid left or right until it lines up. Now move the map a bit more to the left until again there is a misalignment and repeat the process. Once you get the left/right grid aligned then do the same for the up/down grid. Move down until the grids don't align and nudge the red grid until it matches. Continue down until the red grid matches the underlying one.

Since all of the Dragon Heist maps are hand drawn and the lines tend to not be exactly straight you will find that there is some mismatch which you will just not be able to completely sort, but you should be able to get a result a lot better than the one in your graphic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Leohart,
    Since it seems like you didn't buy DH in FG format and are working on putting it in yourself (from DDB), rather than bother with the official maps, you might wish to look at the maps Mr. Z put together. Those are already done as a FG module with grids etc. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Heist-Map-Pack

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    ...rather than bother with the official maps, you might wish to look at the maps Mr. Z put together. Those are already done as a FG module with grids etc. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Heist-Map-Pack
    Zacchaeus has removed the module now that it's included in the FG product as an additional module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    :Loving this tool for FG, but looking to expand to using it with PosteRazor to print maps to 1 inch scale. I seem to be doing something wrong since the squares are not printing with 1 inch squares. Ive set the outrpout size in Map Align to 300 pixels and daved the file and loaded that in to Posterize with launches Acrobat to print. What am I missing in the process to get 1 inch printed squares?
    I know, I know. Thread Necro. But, since no-one answered this when you asked it.

When I started using PosterRazor for jpg images extracted from Paizo PDFs, I often had this trouble. I'd edit the jpg in paint and resize to be 1" squares. If I saved that jpg and imported it to PosteRazor, it didn't work, the sizing was horribly off. What I had to do to get it to work was save the images as pngs. When I import that a resized png into PosterRazor it works perfectly.

I'm not sure if this is something that PosteRazor gets wrong about resized jpg images.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    These are the same maps that are in the Fantasy Grounds module and supplied to me by WotC. I used this tool to align the grid on all of those maps so it is certainly possible to do. The question I have is how are you using the tool? I recommend starting at the top left of any map and then draw your initial square (BTW I would recommend 50 px rather than 70 as shown on your image). Once you have the initial grid them move the image to the left until the red grid starts to drift from the grid on the map. Now use the 1/6 and 1/8 to move the red grid left or right until it lines up. Now move the map a bit more to the left until again there is a misalignment and repeat the process. Once you get the left/right grid aligned then do the same for the up/down grid. Move down until the grids don't align and nudge the red grid until it matches. Continue down until the red grid matches the underlying one.

Since all of the Dragon Heist maps are hand drawn and the lines tend to not be exactly straight you will find that there is some mismatch which you will just not be able to completely sort, but you should be able to get a result a lot better than the one in your graphic.
    Wow, Zacchaeus! That helped immensely! I was aligning it at the top left then IMMEDIATELY going to the bottom right to try and fix the grid. Your process made it quick and easy to get it right. That huge drift is gone.

Thanks again!

And thanks to everyone for the responses and help! The FG community is awesome!

Oh my!

I just used this on two maps. I managed to get 99% perfect grids in FG in less than 5 minutes a map.

This is extraordinarily good.
    Last edited by Ampersandrew; October 7th, 2018 at 13:25. Reason: spelling

Thread Information