STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 34 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    There's no way to turn off errors. What are the errors? Maybe I can help point the way next week.

Regards,
    JPG

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:316: attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

We've tried various versions of FG. 3.0.7. 3.08 in test and in live. Only one player has this problem. In short no matter what he gets that error if he rolls dice. Every time he rolls dice. Which is bloody annoying with that pop-up window.

Vires Animi

Blog Entries
    Has the player tried removing (manually) CoreRPG and letting it update/install?
    Has the player tried deleting (rename it if you are concerned about deleting) their Cache for that campaign?
    Does it happen for the player if they use a new character?

I don't know which of the two first tips worked, but it did. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    As no one else was havong/generating the issue it was something that happened at their end.
    The players dont need the VtM ruleset but they do need the CoreRPG.
    Also the Cache file can sometimes get damaged. Renaming or deleting this will just cause a delay the next time they login as it redownloads all the Cache data from the host.

Looks like the old VTM and VTM / DA stuff I got off the wiki in the past, I tried making one with the crossover but only still saw the vampire character / npc sheets no mage / ww etc.

I noticed today after extracting the VtM.pak that there were graphics for mage / fae / werewolf / changeling sheets, but it doesn't look like the actual character sheets were ever done (and loading up the game with the crossover extension doesn't seem to do anything). I'm gonna assume whoever started the project abandoned it, I'm gonna have to tweak a few of the graphics before I dive into the more complicated stuff (I'm not sure who was smoking crack when they did the background graphics for the vamp char sheets, but black text on a dark grey background is NOT a good idea, though apparently changing it to black / white cloud effects in PS looks pretty damn good when I went to test it, along with all the white / black text being easily readable).

They way you change races is to right click on the button in the bottom left corner of the character sheet. Cross over needs to be loaded. There are charactersheets for vampire, werewolf, and mage. But there is no way to go back to the original grey state.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    They way you change races is to right click on the button in the bottom left corner of the character sheet. Cross over needs to be loaded. There are charactersheets for vampire, werewolf, and mage. But there is no way to go back to the original grey state.

Vires Animi
    ah ok thanks, and yea the background changing isn't a big deal (the original grey slate was horrid looking imo anyway, changing it was pretty easy once I found the program to unpack the .pak files )

Probably the stupidest question, but what's the way to roll for a common test, Attribute+Ability? How to select the attribute used?

Thread Information