STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 34 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last

There is an extension (see the original post) called "Crossover". This changes most of the things needed for Werewolf / Mage play in the classic World of Darkness. The abilities don't change, so you would need to put in things, such as Enigmas and Primal Urge Manually, but otherwise ... yeah, it works fine.

Vires Animi

One of my players have experienced this error:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:316: attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

I have no clue what could have a triggered this, since we've played the campaign for quite a while with no errors at all. I hope there is a fix for this.

Vires Animi

Blog Entries
    that error is in response to something that he/she did a its in response to something going to the chat window.
    the script is trying to reference the character and looks like it didnt find it... getTypeAndNode is looking for the PC or NPC and storing its type and id for use in the next action...
    if you havent seen it before its probably a transient error...

Its actually the second time my player has talked about it. I am thinking of remaking the character in a new character sheet to see if that helps. Also: Would the /flushdb have anything to do with this perhaps?

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Its actually the second time my player has talked about it. I am thinking of remaking the character in a new character sheet to see if that helps. Also: Would the /flushdb have anything to do with this perhaps?
    Remaking the character might help. What is the player doing when the error occurs?

/flushdb shouldn't cause this as that just removed node assignment from the database.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What is the player doing when the error occurs?
    He tried to roll dice. Not sure about the specifics of HOW he tried that. But yeah. Will try the character remake and see what happens.

Vires Animi

He tried to roll dice. Not sure about the specifics of HOW he tried that. But yeah. Will try the character remake and see what happens.
    It might be worth finding out exactly what the player was doing. Then the developer of this ruleset could see if there is an issue that they can fix in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Right. Finally had time to test it. Note that only one player is reporting this error. I can't repeat it locally. All are using the current version: 3.0.8.

The error: Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua"] attempt to call field 'getTypeAndNode' (a nil value)

show up whenever my player tries to roll dice. We tried it with a new charactersheet but it didn't matter. We tried both rolling dice from the function bar at the bottom or just picking up dice and rolling them in the chat window. Both versions generated the error.

Can't think of anything that would have caused this error to appear. We've been running this campaign for a long time without errors and now it comes every time a player is rolling dice.

I hope we can find a solution to this.

Vires Animi

All are using the current version: 3.0.8.
    So, you're all running the "test" version of Fantasy Grounds, not the current live version? Is there any particular reason for this? One-off errors can very often occur in the test version - especially on custom rulesets or rulesets using extensions as the code in the custom ruleset/extension could be using earlier versions of code.

In this example, the error you are getting is in a CoreRPG script that has been copied into the custom ruleset from an earlier version of CoreRPG and then modified for this ruleset. Running against a version of CoreRPG that is not the version that this ruleset was created for could give errors. Which might be contributing to what you're seeing.

If you could do some testing with the player who is having the issue, but both of you "update" to the "live" 3.0.7 version of FG to see if it still occurs.

I have tried anything and everything I can think of, but errors keep showing up. It seems to be, that after certain amount of time, the ruleset just seems to generate the weirdest errors, but everything seems to work just fine. At this point, I don't care much about the errors. I just want to know: Is there a way to turn off the error messages entirely? Just... getting rid of them somehow, would be lovely at this point.

Vires Animi

Thread Information