STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Here is a zip of my mod, if that helps to see what I am doing. Thanks

Hi Daboking,

I was able to get it working after making a couple changes. In the common.xml, your copy starts with:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="2.9" RMCVersion="1.4">
      <library static="true">
        <RMCVI>
          <name type="string">Rolemaster Races Expansion</name>
          <categoryname type="string">Rolemaster Classic Companions</categoryname>
          <entries>
            <section-901>
              <librarylink type="windowreference">
                <class>referenceraces</class>
                <recordname>reference.racedata@Rolemaster Races Expansion</recordname>
              </librarylink>
              <name type="string">RMC I Race Abilities</name>
            </section-901>
    	  </entries>
    	</RMCVI>  	  
      </library>

<reference static="true">
        <racedata>
          <title type='string'>RMC I Race Abilities</title>
          <footnote type='formattedtext'>
    I changed it to:
    Code:
    <root version="2.9" RMCVersion="1.4">
      <library static="true">
        <RMCVI>
          <categoryname type="string">Rolemaster Classic Companions</categoryname>
          <entries>
            <section-901>
              <librarylink type="windowreference">
                <class>referenceraces</class>
                <recordname>reference.racedata@Rolemaster Races Expansion</recordname>
              </librarylink>
            </section-901>
    	  </entries>
    	</RMCVI>  	  
      </library>

<reference static="true">
        <racedata>
          <title type='string'>Rolemaster Races Expansion</title>
          <footnote type='formattedtext'>
    I only changed lines 13 and 21.

And in the definition.xml, your copy had the following:
    Code:
    <root>
      <name>Rolemaster Companion I</name>
      <author>Iron Crown Enterprises, 1990</author>
      <ruleset>RolemasterClassic</ruleset>
    </root>
    I changed it to:
    Code:
    <root>
      <name>Rolemaster Races Expansion</name>
      <author>Iron Crown Enterprises, 1990</author>
      <ruleset>RolemasterClassic</ruleset>
    </root>
    I just changed the name field in this file.

I copied the common.xml to client.xml and also renamed the file to Rolemaster Races Expansion.mod.

Fantasy Grounds didn't know how to load the appropriate information because the names weren't consistent. The table wouldn't even open for me originally with only your module open. I am guessing you have another module that matches the name so it was able to open the table for you. Once I made all the changes, I was able to open the table. Here is a screenshot:
    Attachment 14337

It shows all the races you had in the module. Hopefully this helps you get it resolved on your side but please let me know if it doesn't.

Dakadin

Its really bizarre. I removed all custom mods. Changed the code per your suggestions, and it still truncated at Stout Halflings. I deleted my test campaign, and made a new one, and it opened fine. Not sure why the original campaign is having trouble, but it appears be smooth sailing for adding in races from C&T and Shadow World Atlas 4th edition. Woot. After that is done, I will dive into professions. Thank you so much for looking at it and getting me on the right track.

Dakadin, I looked at the no profession template you sent. When I turn it into a .mod, it shows up as a module in FG, but when I go to the library, there is nothing there. Any ideas why? I am grateful for patience with my 50 million questions. I am learning alot

That's because I didn't include a <library> section in that module. I was just getting the automatic skill costs to fill in and have it show up in the drop down list. Part of the problem is the skill cost table is setup with the professions as columns so the table would have to manually be built. It might be easier to replicate certain parts of the profession chapter in Character Law. You can find it in either the client.xml or common.xml files root.library.RMC-6501.entries.section-003. The entries in that section have linklists that will allow you to pull up the detail similar to how you see it in chapter 3 of Character Law. Hopefully that gets you pointed in the right direction for what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks for your patience and replies, Dakadin! I will explore and experiment. I probably should just do a crash course in XML rather than diving in with no experience in it yet hahaha. Just so excited to expand my RM to what I used to play back in the 80s and show my daughter why I loved this system so much. I will try to figure this out on my pwn, I am able to see the section in the client and common xml of the character law, so I will try to get this working. Thanks so much again for all your help, I am very grateful!!

This may sound really stupid but do I have to unzip the rolemaster companion I zip file first before I rename it? You guys said to rename it first to a .mod file but it did not work for me. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

The .mod file is just a renamed .zip file. You need to change it to .zip so you can open it outside of FG to modify the contents. It needs to be a .mod file in the modules folder so that FG will recognize it as a module. If you still don't see the module in FG it is usually because the contents in the .mod file ended up adding an extra folder when it zipped up the contents. The .xml files within the .zip file need to be at the root of the .zip file and not within a folder in the .zip.

Help! I am not very technical, I am trying to create a mod as in the examples above for all the MERP Races and classes. Everyone states that I just need to rename the mod and zip files. This doesn't work for me. I just end up with a the same file with a different extension the end? There must be more to it than just renaming the file?

Has anyone actually created a MERP mod with all the races/classes?

Martin
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin153 View Post
    Help! I am not very technical, I am trying to create a mod as in the examples above for all the MERP Races and classes. Everyone states that I just need to rename the mod and zip files. This doesn't work for me. I just end up with a the same file with a different extension the end? There must be more to it than just renaming the file?

Has anyone actually created a MERP mod with all the races/classes?

Martin
    Set your folder options to show extensions for known file types. Then rename the .mod/.zip otherwise it will keep the extension hidden and you are not changing the extension, just the name.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information