FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I am having trouble with this as well. I am trying to add custom races and professions to my game. I pulled the characterlaw mod file, unzipped, added my root.reference.racedata and root.reference.professions to both the common and client files, rezipped the whole thing, and changed the extension to mod, replacing my original characterlaw mod with the new one. It does not show up as a mod, and I am stumped. Thanks

Blog Entries
    you should zip up all the files and not the parent folder
    you should use standard zip compression only
    you should make sure your operating system isnt hiding extensions and that your filename is not myraces.mod.zip and you only see myraces.mod
    restart fantasy grounds

Damned, you are my hero!!!. I was zipping parent folder. Thanks so much!!

would it be the common or client file as well to edit the character sheet dropdowns to facilitate new races and professions, or would that be a different file? Does the character sheet not point to the professions in this list? Sorry my lack of understanding. I am new to this.. have not coded since html, but I am determined. Thanks so much!!

Hi Daboking,

I wouldn't recommend changing Character Law because your changes will get overwritten during an update. Instead you will want to create a new module with just the races and professions that you want to add. You will need to change the name in the definitition.xml file. If you use Character Law as an example and copy the structure, the new races and professions will show up in the drop down lists after the new module is activated and you will need to reopen the character sheet if you already have it open.

You can use the attachment in those post to get you started: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post189374. It has a couple sample races from Rolemaster Companion 1 that should help.

The attachment in this post should give you and idea of how to create new professions: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post263661

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Dakadin, your advice has been very helpful. I have started using your companion 1 file as a guide and have had great success getting races imported in, and even showing up in the race dropdowns of the character sheet. My dilemma now is the table that lists stat bonuses, RR, etc. Now that I have entered a handful of races, the table cuts off at the end, and I am not familiar enough to recognize from the code what to do to open the table up to manual resizing. Any tips? thanks

Let me look into that one. I don't remember off the top of my head what needs to be done for it.

It seems to be expanding automatically for me. Attached is a screenshot with the Shadow World races that I've been using in my campaign.
    Attachment 14331

Can you show me a screenshot where it is getting cutoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    It seems to be expanding automatically for me. Attached is a screenshot with the Shadow World races that I've been using in my campaign.
    Attachment 14331

Can you show me a screenshot where it is getting cutoff?
    I am trying to add the photo. Hope this works

I notice in the the characterlaw mod, there is a <raceabilities> and a <racedata> that look like they repeat alot of the same data. The companion I demo only has race <racedata> This is what I worked from, and I only added my races as new XML code under <racedata> from the companion I test to get my feet wet. I have been successful in getting them to show up under the mod, just the table truncates. Thanks, dakadin!

Thread Information