5E Character Create Playlist

Caves of Chaos Master Map

I recently finished my master map for Caves of Chaos which is gigantic (6900x4500). First I exported the map out to a PNG (from Dungeon Designer 3), then saved it again as a JPG (30% quality), which brought it down to 2.2 MB. I could export a 10% JPG that still looks pretty good and get it down to 700 KB, actually. Anyway thought I'd share the map with everyone.

Attachment 5077

Here is the module I just finished for my D&D Next playtest game, with all the story entries expanded. Every entry is pinned to the master map, and contains all encounters & item parcels. Was a lot of work and I'm looking forward to stomping my players through it. :P

Attachment 5078
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

That... is a lot of work! Nice job
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Nice work... is there by any chance an overland map which shows the contours and cave openings?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Holy smokes!!! Caves of Chaos... my very first experience with D&D (Basic Set) back in 1982. Very impressive work.

Cheers,
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Nice work... is there by any chance an overland map which shows the contours and cave openings?
    Yeah, in DD3 I have a LAND and TREES layer, but I hid them for the dungeon render. I didn't do much work on that part of it since it's pretty simple though. I'll be doing that part of it in primarily TotM mode anyway. (Theater of the Mind)
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

I miss dungeon-bashing. This map is incredible ! Maybe time to roll out some Savage (Worlds) Caves of Chaos...
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Maybe time to roll out some Savage (Worlds) Caves of Chaos...
    I have started this for Savage Worlds...just hasnt been on the top of my to do list!
    If someone can get me the rest of the caves text. . .
    Attachment 5165
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Quote Originally Posted by grimm182 View Post
    If someone can get me the rest of the caves text. . .
    Sign up for the D&D Next Playtest and download the final playtest package: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnDNext.aspx

In the ZIP file under "Adventures and Pre-Gens\Older Playtest Adventures and Bestiaries" there is the "Caves of Chaos" pdf.

Just keep in mind the online gaming entry from the FAQ: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article....ews/dndnextfaq
    Can I run an online game via email, Skype, Google Hangout or a play-by-post forum?

Yes, you may run online games via Skype, Google Hangout or play-by-post forum provided you to do not post or upload any transcripts from your playtest, upload any playtest materials and make sure that all members of your group have signed up to playtest through the official playtest sign up process.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 29th, 2013 at 01:24.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Any chance you exported your campaign as a module that others can use?

That would be copyright infringement, so no he won't have done that.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information