DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 20 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Good advice.

Blog Entries
    Any update on a ruleset wizard?

I'm afraid that the project is stuck.

Ahh so LUA programming is still needed - a WYSIWYG Editor with "rules-wizard" capabilities is needed - sounds complex / impossible = ohh well

Perhaps, it is time for another try at a kickstarter? I'd be good for $100.

I will match that - 100 no sweat

Hi!

I think I pledged more than 100 in that last crowdfunding and it went nowhere.

If I recall its the number one wanted feature on that list somewhere. Why it hasn't happened is beyond me.

Primarch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbid-Don View Post
    Ahh so LUA programming is still needed - a WYSIWYG Editor with "rules-wizard" capabilities is needed - sounds complex / impossible = ohh well
    If it were easy it would have been done...
    This Wizard would help you build all the visual elements of your character sheet and desktop etc and *might* include the ability to add rollable fields but it was not going to include any wizard functionality to build the interaction between the dice results and other elements - eg you could do an attack roll but it couldnt give you a success/fail result - you would still have to code this part in - or the GM adjudicates this step just like they would around a table.
    Id back it again at this level of functionality - and if it did more - or included samples etc for the next level - even better.

The project required 300 backers at 100euro each.

Just to add something to the pot for everyone to consider:

I'm working on a "simple" house-rule change in the 4E Ruleset to allow a PC to use the either the Target's or the Initiator's Healing Surge for a Heal (it's for a Feat that allows this functionality). Visually, it only required the addition of one of those Self/Target Buttons - something that a wizard such as this would excel at.

BUT

The code (lua) path I had to work through to get it done was phenomenal (see this thread here for my discussions with some of the other Devs) and has required (so far) 30+ hours of work and some 50-odd lines of new and changed code over at least 6 files - something definitely that could not be done (as far as I believe) by an automated system.

Its a shame, because a Wizard such as this would be a great benefit to the Community - but I think there's no way we're going to be able to get around the fact that to do a Ruleset we're going to have to learn how to code - oh well.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Just to add something to the pot for everyone to consider:

I'm working on a "simple" house-rule change in the 4E Ruleset to allow a PC to use the either the Target's or the Initiator's Healing Surge for a Heal (it's for a Feat that allows this functionality). Visually, it only required the addition of one of those Self/Target Buttons - something that a wizard such as this would excel at.

BUT

The code (lua) path I had to work through to get it done was phenomenal (see this thread here for my discussions with some of the other Devs) and has required (so far) 30+ hours of work and some 50-odd lines of new and changed code over at least 6 files - something definitely that could not be done (as far as I believe) by an automated system.

Its a shame, because a Wizard such as this would be a great benefit to the Community - but I think there's no way we're going to be able to get around the fact that to do a Ruleset we're going to have to learn how to code - oh well.

Cheers
    I dont know that its "not possible" to do that with a wizard - just that the wizard would cost a helluva lot more to build! everything is possible. its just not a realistic target....

Thread Information