5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I checked an old 4E campaign but it might have changed since I last played 4E. Thanks Trenloe!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I think your options are saved in that file also so if you delete it you will have to reset the options back to what they were.
    Having a quick look at a few different rulesets:

RMC: the campaign (GM) preferences are stored in DB.XML but it looks like individual player preferences are stored in CampaignRegistry.lua.

Savage Worlds stores options in db.xml but it looks like it stores card info in CampaignRegistry.lua.

Castles and Crusades stores options in db.xml.

Call of Cthulhu stores combat tracker data in the CampaignRegistry.lua file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    but it looks like individual player preferences are stored in CampaignRegistry.lua.
    This shouldn't be a problem. In theory, I'd be deleting the lua script after getting the campaign all set up but before players ever joined a session.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    This shouldn't be a problem. In theory, I'd be deleting the lua script after getting the campaign all set up but before players ever joined a session.
    And this is only for the RMC (Rolemaster Classic) ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And this is only for the RMC (Rolemaster Classic) ruleset.
    I hope to clear up these types of discrepancies as I rebuild the RMC ruleset to fully use FG v3.0. I am working on getting the current version compatible with v2.9.4 and v3.0. Then I will continue with the rebuild.

Actually, the "player" changeable options are saved in the CampaignRegistry. (wheel modification of number fields, double-click action, etc.)

In v3.0, the FG client will automatically save the window position and zoom state, regardless of ruleset. In addition, if a database node is deleted, the state information will be cleared on the next database save.

Regards,
    JPG

JPG said:
    Actually, the "player" changeable options are saved in the CampaignRegistry. (wheel modification of number fields, double-click action, etc.)
    JPG, I don't think that is always totally accurate:
    This is the routine form CoreRPG in the Manager_Options.lua file:
    Code:
    function setOption(sKey, sValue)
    	if aOptions[sKey] then
    		if aOptions[sKey].bLocal then
    			CampaignRegistry["Opt" .. sKey] = sValue;
    			makeCallback(sKey);
    		else
    			if User.isHost() or User.isLocal() then
    				DB.setValue("options." .. sKey, "string", sValue);
    			end
    		end
    	end
    end

It looks to me like if you don't set the bLocal flag when creating the setting, then the data is saved in the database (unless you are in client mode, in which case it simply vanishes into the ether). Not sure why that provison is there, but it is.
    Last edited by Bidmaron; April 23rd, 2014 at 22:38. Reason: accidentally posted before ready

Yes, only the local options are saved in registry, the campaign options are saved in the campaign.

JPG

Great, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Hey all.

Was this issue ever resolved in a way that is understandable to your average Joe? e.g. me. I'm having the same issue. I add a new image and only part of it is visible. When I drag the window to reveal the entire image, the image increases in size, and will never zoom back to it's original size. Can anyone explain to me as simply as possible how I can resolve this? I'm using the WFRPv3 ruleset by the way.

Thanks

Noely

Current Warhammer 3rd Edition Campaigns:
    The Enemy Within (Revisited) - (Fridays 6pm PST = GMT -7)
    https://theorderofchaosgamers.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/hk/podcast/...s/id1067964927

Thread Information