FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is it possible to transfer my license to someone else?

I have run out of time to DM effectively. Is it possible to pass my license off to someone else?

The license prohibits transfers. You can, of course, be a player with any license that allows you to GM.

I just bought the grand poobah license and have just no time. My buddy is a player with a full campaign he would like to implement. I'm assuming there is no way for me to sell/give him my copy?

No I'm afraid not, legally. That's the problem with the grand poobah license, it makes it expensive to transfer the GM baton to someone else in a group. It's best when someone will *always* be the GM, but in any group where someone else is likely to GM it's better to get multiple Full and Lite licenses (unless the group is very, very large).

Edit: I'm not sure if you know that it would be cheaper for your friend to buy a full license and lite licenses for everyone else in the group presuming the rest of the group is 4 or less. There are bundle discounts for someone buying several licenses at once. This also has the advantage if someone else decides they want to GM they only have to update the lite version to a full version.
    Last edited by Griogre; August 22nd, 2013 at 20:25.

Thanks for your help. I think we can piece something together with the licenses you mentioned. A huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    No I'm afraid not, legally. That's the problem with the grand poobah license, it makes it expensive to transfer the GM baton to someone else in a group. It's best when someone will *always* be the GM, but in any group where someone else is likely to GM it's better to get multiple Full and Lite licenses (unless the group is very, very large).

Edit: I'm not sure if you know that it would be cheaper for your friend to buy a full license and lite licenses for everyone else in the group presuming the rest of the group is 4 or less. There are bundle discounts for someone buying several licenses at once. This also has the advantage if someone else decides they want to GM they only have to update the lite version to a full version.

Has anything changed? I have a full license I can't use. Can I give it to someone?

The situation has not changed other than the website here doesn't offer a bundle discount anymore because FG is now available on Steam and is part of the normal Steam sales. Steams big summer sale is over and the next one tends to be around the end of the year.

The license sold on Steam is the Full license you have. Smiteworks has mentioned they are considering phasing out the Lite license, though all the old ones will continue to work. No time frame was been announced for that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    The situation has not changed other than the website here doesn't offer a bundle discount anymore because FG is now available on Steam and is part of the normal Steam sales. Steams big summer sale is over and the next one tends to be around the end of the year.

The license sold on Steam is the Full license you have. Smiteworks has mentioned they are considering phasing out the Lite license, though all the old ones will continue to work. No time frame was been announced for that decision.

Thank you. I would like to pass my license on to someone who can DM.

Blog Entries
    Steam only lets you gift a purchase that you haven't already installed to your account. For instance, when we sell 4-packs on Steam you will get 4 for the price of 3, basically. You can gift all 4 or any number of them, but once you activate it on your account it is no longer transferable. Our licenses are basically the same in principal when purchased from our store, but without the formal process that allows the gifting/transfer within our site.

Note that your license can continue to act as a player license even if you no longer have an opportunity to GM.

Thread Information