DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last

Hey guys! Im new here and I just bought Fantasy Grounds. I've been trying to put out together a new campaign, and I love the 3.5e and PFDR edition so I was wondering how can I set this up on my Fantasy Grounds campaign, is there any kind of tutorial? Because I've already donwloaded it and placed it on the right folder, I can access it via the game, but there are things that I cant do, with the Modules that are already on the game, such as draggin the class on the Character creation and instantly adding the numbers and the same goes for the races. How can I fix this?

I hope to get a helpful answer. Thanks for putting this up together! Much love, Kulgark.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Kulgark

The 5e ruleset has many more features in terms of character builds than the 3.5e ruleset does. This is for various reasons including 5e being the newer of the rulesets and 5e having licensed material so more options to take advantage of the licensed material have been built.

In saying that - there are some new capabilities for the 3.5e ruleset (but mostly for Pathfinder because Pathfinder is about to get a whole stack of licensed materials) that give you some of these capabilities.
    Click Library and activate the Race, Class and any other Campaign Tools. Click Modules and activate the 3.5e modules. Click the magnifying glass next to Class/Level (from memory) and there is some drag/drop support there now.

Thanks for the Quick answer, I guess I'll try to do that. Ill Edit this message if it goes through or it doesnt. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    In saying that - there are some new capabilities for the 3.5e ruleset (but mostly for Pathfinder because Pathfinder is about to get a whole stack of licensed materials) that give you some of these capabilities.
    3.5E has the capabilities. PFRPG is built on top of 3.5E and shares over 95% of the same code. The drag/drop level up, races, etc. code is built into the 3.5E ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

To clarify, because I am also new to FG (just purchased today), this module does not support Drag/Drop at the moment, but it might, because the PFRPG ruleset has the ability to. Correct?

Yes. It's a matter of the data in this module being properly categorized (e.g. where and how it is stored in the XML).

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

10/10 make my life easy every day, thanks for your hard work!
    Mph? Naw a bwofoffi?* (Translation: Huh? Not a broccoli?) {Source}

To state key information:
    Steam user of the Full $100+ Fantasy Grounds product.
    Loves the orison Acid Splash.

I've been using the module for a while, and adding extra content that my players are using. Now it seems that the class ability items don't work with the FG character sheet any more - if you try to drag one from the module onto the Special Abilities panel (on the Abilities tab), it puts it into the Feats section instead. Also, all the class abilities that are already in the Special Abilities panel are now blank when you open them. Is this due to a change in the ruleset? If so, does anyone know how I can make it work again (perhaps by changing the item type in the module)?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    I've been using the module for a while, and adding extra content that my players are using. Now it seems that the class ability items don't work with the FG character sheet any more - if you try to drag one from the module onto the Special Abilities panel (on the Abilities tab), it puts it into the Feats section instead. Also, all the class abilities that are already in the Special Abilities panel are now blank when you open them. Is this due to a change in the ruleset? If so, does anyone know how I can make it work again (perhaps by changing the item type in the module)?
    Class Features need to be class type "referenceclassability" in the XML.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information