DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: 13th Age

Another vote for a 13th Age ruleset.

I would love a copy as well.
    fyi... the srd might be up soon https://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=12896
    and a demo module and pregens are available https://www.pelgranepress.com/site/?...wnload&cat=248

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    morguth,

Is this a project that you alone would prefer to work on? I'd be more than happy to lend a hand, whether it's entering data, writing Lua code, etc.

I have a fair amount of development background, and started learning the new v3.0 CoreRPG

BoomerET
    I'm mainly just doing it to learn how to create a ruleset. I'm happy to share what little bit I've done. I haven't had time lately to work on it though.
    Ultimate License Holder

Hey guys. I don't mean to thread necro, but this seems to be the only post on 13th Age for FG; has there been any developments on the ruleset?

FG3 just came out of Alpha, so I may be able to find some time to continue my work.

As it currently runs, it uses 4e as the basis, with a 13th age theme.

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

13th Age SRD has been published under the OGL: https://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=13316

This opens up lots of FG possibilities...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm really getting into 13th Age as well. We're currently playing using the 4E ruleset, but I'd really like to get a 13th Age one going. What is the most up to date documentation I should look at for making a FG3 ruleset? I've been using FG long enough that it's time I learned how to make a ruleset, really. Especially with an SRD, 13th Age could be awesome. (And yes JPG, 13A is most definitely closest to 4E.)
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Blog Entries
    There isn't very much in depth 3.0 documentation online available at the moment aside from whats detailed in the patch notes (see FG's program folder after you update to the beta release of 3.0) and what you can gleam here from the forums, devs and other forum members who are actively developing with the 3.0 beta. The current Library documentation is still (largely) valid so probably best to start with the anatomy of a ruleset and the ruleset reference docs.

Having said that, I have personally found digging into the new CoreRPG and 3.5E/4E rulesets to a good place to start with 3.0. With these existing rulesets you have a ready reference of:

- how the new 3.0 ruleset inheritance (layering) functionality works
    - examples of how game mechanics (D&D in these example) are actually implemented
    - re-usable GUI assets like icons, frames and fonts
    - pre-cooked control templates for more advanced controls like dynamic titlebars, calendars and rollable tables to name but a few

In addition, if you take a look at the new Numenera ruleset, you'll get the added advantage of seeing a ruleset being developed from the ground up. MW is actively developing the ruleset for his personal weekly Numenera campaign. MW and I are also collaborating on the new 5E ruleset so happy to provide any assistance if you ave any specific questions. 5E isn't part of the beta yet, mainly as the character sheet(s) are in pieces and being re-written from the ground up but I expect it will be included in the near future.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    What is the most up to date documentation I should look at for making a FG3 ruleset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There isn't very much in depth 3.0 documentation online available at the moment...
    I am hesitant about converting to 3.0 myself as one of my GMs has had problems so I can't access the patch notes but I am definitely interested in digging into 3.0 when its ready. If in the future before the live release of the version (and I'm assuming the documentation that would accompany it) a centralized collection of changes and new features became available, I would also be interested in it. My Chronic games are waiting for the update and I want to make use of all the new goodies when designing it. (It also helps to have a good grasp of things before running demos to teach other people.)

In the mean time, instead of surfing through the forums for information that will be inevitable collected at some point, I am working on the role-play content for the games.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Any one working on this?

Thread Information