FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 43 of 53 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Thank you both so much, you are both amazing. Im just not used to having this much help, and so readily given.

Again Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefarchon View Post
    Thank you both so much, you are both amazing. Im just not used to having this much help, and so readily given.

Again Thanks
    That is one of the best parts of this place and FG. How active JPG and Doug are here in the forums, and how helpful the community is.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    So, there is no standard grouping for different items, though this may be something we look at down the road.
    YES, PLEASE! My gawd, this gets my vote!

Blog Entries
    So you guys are basically asking developers to alter copyright material?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    So you guys are basically asking developers to alter copyright material?
    Elaborate on that? We are already granted some minimal "artistic license," shall we say, from converting book/PDF media into Fantasy Grounds media. Things like "(refer to page NN)" should be changed to appropriate language because pages numbers don't exist in FG. If organizing the database needs to be standardized to function properly with newer FG technology for future-proofing then so be it.

Ikael, I have to tell you, I love your extension. I've been putting it to good use. There is one thing that would make it even easier to use, if it's possible. It would be nice if the Reference Manual Preview Window remembered the last size that it was set at. I'm trying to judge how much material to fit on each page to approximate the standard 8.5 x 11 page. Each time I move something and preview again, I have to manually drag the preview back into the size I wanted; whereas, if it could remember the last size it had, that would save tons of time.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    This is purely my opinion, but I try to code my reference manuals to render properly at the default window size that way I'm not forcing a user to resize their window. But if they do resize it, the text reflows properly anyway.

I'm using two column text. If the person wants to view it at the default window size, they would have to scroll; but that seems to be the standard convention after just having looked thru several of the modules I own, including the gold standard of the 5e manuals, which have dual column text, but each "page" is a differing size containing a differing amount of material.

What I am trying to do is simply ensure that each "page" has the same amount of material, so that if the user wanted to, they can resize their window once and can view each "page" approximately like it was originally intended in the original format. They don't have to, but the option is there. Thus, my request for the preview window to remember it's size, if it's feasible.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Yeah that's the thing converting one media to another. FG doesn't have "pages" so you just have to decide how to organize things and where to chop things up.

No, it doesn't have pages, but, I can set a standard that I will use a certain size display window and fit the content to that size, thus simulating the standard page; just like they have to in a book. That size that I determined is approximately the size of the standard adventure module page or 8.5 x 11, which will fit on most people's screens and eliminate the need to scroll when viewing the content of a page. They can always just view at the default size and won't lose anything in the experience, but will have to scroll; but they would have to do that anyways regardless. I'm merely trying to up the bar a little. Sometimes the fact that FG isn't a book is used as an excuse for not trying to standardize the layout of the content. It's understandable when everything had to be coded in xml; what a pain. But with this tool, maybe we can do better.

Actually, I just found out it isn't necessary. I had assumed that you needed to close the preview window each time. Turns out, you don't. So, I can just keep the window open at the size I wanted.
    Last edited by vodokar; January 14th, 2017 at 03:11.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Thread Information