DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 53 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Awesome! Thanks Aki
    What about the library? I miss that tool already.
    I am working on it currently (thank god today is free day in Finland ), but it doesn't look good. I am trying to understand if doing such a thing is anymore possible. Several errors seems to refer that what it early did is not going to be supported by FG 3.0+ (but there is good reason for it, in sense of business). But I won't say it's impossible, but I would like to hear some feedback from SmiteWork would such a thing be allowed. Previously when we had email discussion about it, nothing strictly defined came up, but what I understood was that it might not be possible in the future, but anyways the project lived onwards.

I haven't heard that anyone else has done else similar now/before, so it's about trial and error, and reading documention that doesn't exist yet I am sorry, but do not hope this to work anytime soon.

EDIT: But fear not, if the way Enhanced Library does things is not possible, I want to find another way, since it's one of my personally most wanted features to setup library without having to sweat with XML.
    Last edited by Ikael; January 6th, 2014 at 15:23.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    That makes sense.

Personally, it did fit my need to create homebrew stuff. I don't think it made it look professional enough to be a threat to Smite Works $$ (no offense). I could run demos and one-shots using homemade material. Oh well.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    That makes sense.

Personally, it did fit my need to create homebrew stuff. I don't think it made it look professional enough to be a threat to Smite Works $$ (no offense). I could run demos and one-shots using homemade material. Oh well.
    I you only made homebrew stuff as own modules, then library extension might work for you. There are however some issues with availability feature which might raise erros, but I don't know if they are fatal. If you need the extension, please try to use it and give me feedback if it works for you and if it doesn't point me in way which is doesn't work and I can see bigger picture.

anyways, I can say that modifying existing modules doesn't seem to be supported anymore. Whenever there is STATIC node where I attempt to create customized node I get "createWindow: Unable to create window". Previously (in 2.x) it worked just fine.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

It's definitely not a money thing. We want people to be able to make their own content, and use it in a game. It's more a question of what "static" data in a module should mean.

Static data was implied to mean read-only data, in order to preserve data that should not be changed. (i.e. in most modules, this means that reference data should not be editable, while adventure data should be editable.)

However, in v2.9.4, the application of the read-only protection was haphazard, and could be coded around. In v3.0, I had to clean up a lot of error conditions where data that should be read-only was editable and causing other problems. At that point, static nodes were fully enforced as read-only.

I always thought that the model for going about adding reference data via the library was very limiting. What if every game object had it's own list? (i.e. edges, hindrances, powers, ...)

At one point, I was thinking about adding an ability to have lists of these "reference" type objects registered in the library to allow more intuitive access/lookup, as well as allow editing. (i.e. In SW, create an "Edges" section in the library, which contains the master list of all Edges, either all at once or tabbed by book. In this master list, you could also allow addition/deletion of custom reference objects.)

I haven't thought fully through what that would look like yet or the time to prototype, but I always thought that would be the way to approach this scenario.

Regards,
    JPG

There is also a new test release of v3.0.2 that fixes two crash conditions in the SW ruleset, including the one that happens after sharing the Enhanced Combat Tracker.

There are only 3 issues in SW that I know about at this point:
    * Targeting data not visible in CT
    * Character import not working correctly when using import buttons in character selection
    * Script errors when viewing equipment tables using Enhanced Library extension.

Please check it out and let me know what other issues there are, as I am focusing on SW fixes right now.

Regards,
    JPG

I have two games over the weekend. I'll use the Test version and all Ikael's working extensions and let you know.

Previously: MurghBpurn

The lack of Enhanced Library is a nightmare to me right now, the amount of time it saved me when building the setting modules, having to going back to hand-coding all special abilities for NPCs makes me not want to bother converting any more It took me too long to convert Land of Fire as it is and now I have to convert all my modules again, not a happy bunny right now...

The major issue for me (other than the ones above) is my Custom Adventure decks will not work any more...
    Last edited by Doswelk; January 7th, 2014 at 07:28.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I wish I was able to help more. But I just updated everything to 3.0.2 and I got a script error right away when I went to open up the hinderance list. Said it could not create the window.

Then everything I had entered using the enhanced library prior was gone. Sad times.. I just rolled it back to 2.9.4. and keep it like such till I hear things are getting better. I am just a simple gamer, not a coder or programer so I cant offer any help, when I really wish I could.

Actually Enhanced Library extension does not attempt to alter static databasenodes, instead it respects that library's windowlist read the static nodes and forms the list from them. But in addition to that, when the windowlist is initialized (onInit) extension will attempt to find if campaign's db.xml contains node with target-node that has value of the very same node of the current list, see example below (in example below sw deluxe's weird edges is the target list):

Code:
    <customreference>
    <xx>
    <id-00069>
        <index>
            <id-00001>
                <benefit type="formattedtext">
                    <p>desc here...</p>
                </benefit>
                <name type="string">Winglets</name>
                <prerequisites type="string">Narsin creation</prerequisites>
                <type type="string">Edge</type>
            </id-00001>
        </index>
        <target type="string">library.swdplayer.entries.chapter_108.index.s_07_weird</target>
    </id-00069>
    </xx>
    </customreference>
    if it finds given node it wants to create dummy windowinstance to the windowlist which would NOT be associated to windowlist's database nodes, instead the windowinstance is manually associated to point to customreference entry within campaign db.xml.

By writing this, I just realized one significant issue in current implementation: it invoked windowlist.createWindow()!! Ie. "If the data source is nil, then a data record will automatically be created if the list is data bound." It is binding to static databasenodes! Buff! I should initialize the dummy windowinstance with customreference node in the first place, and yes I made small change and I have beaten the first issue and the extension works partially

Well gotta start doing more "rubber duck debugging". Thanks for waking me up

Enhanced Library for FG 3.0

After above rubber duck squeeze, I made small changes that resulted: SW Enhanced Library v1.2 (build 1)

Please note that I haven't spend much effort on this, since my time is very limited during start of this year, but at least on my quick check my own library customizations worked fine! This is still labeled work-in-process and I cannot promise that it works 100% as expected, but I would extremely approciate if people could check does it work.

PS: I think this update smacks this issues as well: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-modules-issue

Thread Information