DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 32 of 53 First ... 22303132333442 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Thanks. I've heard something about an NPC maker and a few others that escape memory.
    NPC Maker is not part of Enhanced Extensions project but its still available. See my signiture
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    I'm using SW Enhanced Library version 1.6 (Build 2) and trying to make a copy of the items from the Wards & Binds (Horror Companion) window that I already managed to make a copy of for my custom module. When I click on copy item I get this console error: Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/new_ref_indexlist.lua"]:88: attempt to index upvalue 'customindex' (a nil value)

Also, I'm trying to copy the Bestiary library entry from the Fantasy Companion but it comes up blank.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I'm using SW Enhanced Library version 1.6 (Build 2) and trying to make a copy of the items from the Wards & Binds (Horror Companion) window that I already managed to make a copy of for my custom module. When I click on copy item I get this console error: Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/new_ref_indexlist.lua"]:88: attempt to index upvalue 'customindex' (a nil value)
    Can you give more specific step-by-step description how you get the error? I tried copying "Wards & Binds" section from Horror Companion and it worked fine for me.

Also, I'm trying to copy the Bestiary library entry from the Fantasy Companion but it comes up blank.
    The issue is that Fantasy Companion's bestiary section doesn't introduce itself in the original xml. When the content is copied it will leave following information blank:
    Code:
    <librarylink type="windowreference">
           <class></class>
           <recordname></recordname>
    </librarylink>
    Enhanced Library doesn't know what the information and the link is broken, but content is copied correctly. You must fix this manually by editing db.xml. The fix itself is easy, just add values for above class and recordname element. It should be
    Code:
    <librarylink type="windowreference">
      <class>sw_referenceindex</class>
      <recordname>..</recordname>
    </librarylink>
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Can you give more specific step-by-step description how you get the error? I tried copying "Wards & Binds" section from Horror Companion and it worked fine for me.

I grab Wards & Binds from Horror Companion and drop it in my "book". Inside the copy of Wards & Binds I toggle edit and then try to copy the two links in this box. That's when I get the error.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

I grab Wards & Binds from Horror Companion and drop it in my "book". Inside the copy of Wards & Binds I toggle edit and then try to copy the two links in this box. That's when I get the error.
    Ok now I got it and was able to reproduce the issue. Copying nodes is not smart feature, it just copied content as it is but when you actually create own content lots of information is written into database behind the screen. The extension has some logic to determine if customization can be done for copied content, but for some reason I have not included the type "Wards & Binds" used ("sw_referencetext") into the determination chain and this is why you get the error. I have included another "sw_referencetext_short" into the logic but I have no clue why I did not include the other text types, maybe there was some issue that I cannot recall now. I would need to do some research on this to work solution, but it will be the very low priority list (categorized "not gonna happen" :/). Easiest way to deal with this is to create totally new entry and manually copy text into them following way:

Create new "List: Other", open it and the original "Wards & Binds" content. In original content hold down ALT and drag the text from it to your new list, you should be seeing grayed background for the text when doing this. This will copy the text content. Then manually create new entries for the list and copy text content from original source to these ones. Note that this ALT+drag text works for all and any formatted text area in the ruleset whenever the Enhanced Library extension is enabled

Heads up for Enhanced Library extensions users

Upcomming Fantasy Grounds v3.2 version might cause issues for Enhanced Library extensions users. I don't know the release date for 3.2 version but when it hits the street you might experience issues as it updates the library functionality and the Enhanced Library extension is not updated to match up with it.

Personally I haven't been doing any gaming for long time now which has dropped my interest in updating my extensions to match new requirements as there is no gain for me at the moment. Optimistic roadmap is that some time after 3.2 is released I might check the changes and evaluate if I want to do update. This means possible/long downtime for the extension users. Pessimistic roadmap is that nothing is done and the extension might not work. I haven't done detailed research about the new version but experienced some issues that might turn out to be show stoppers.

Just be aware of the situation so it won't suprise you.

FG v3.2 compatible version of Enhanced Library available

Enhanced Library v1.6 (build 4) is available. This version requires on Fantasy Grounds v3.2 version! In addition the update contains following features:

• When module pages were moved (up or down) their links in other sections got broken; now this issue is fixed!
    • Exported module XML ouput is refined even further. In reference section second level node names does not contain chapter_xxxx_ prefixes anymore
    • Instead of exporting content into module you have alternative to hold down ALT-key and clicking the module export button to export the module content into XML-file directly (you can decide the name of the xml-file). This export works similar way to character xml-export and it's useful if you want to quickly see how the module xml is constructured after you create content
    Last edited by Ikael; August 18th, 2016 at 16:01.

Thank you so much for this Ikael!

Enhanced Library v1.6 build 6 available

New version of Enhanced Library (v1.6 build 6) is available. This version requires use of Fantasy Grounds v3.2+

New features
    • Import Personalities right menu click option added to Bestiary page type. When you have created Beastiary typed page, you can right click on it and select Manage -> Import Personalities to import all NPC to the module from your campaign's personalities list
    • When exporting bestiary, all unnecessary and empty nodes are removed to safe module space

Another quick update to Enhanced Library

Enhanced Library v1.6 build 7 was released. This quick update provides following features:
    • When exporting gear all unnecessary and unused/empty nodes are removed to save module space
    • New slash command added /exportlib. This slash command can be used after you have exported your module once (per ruleset reload) to xml file (export while holding ALT-down). This slashcommand will do the same export action to save some time from you

Pro-tip:

You can use this Enhanced Library extension to help you when you're creating commercial products. The extension won't be able to produce fine-tuned end products, but you could use it to create module XML piecesets that you copy-paste to your final product project. The ALT-export and /exportlib combo is very useful to quickly see how the module content is created as XML. For instance you could create set of gear with the extension, ALT-export it to XML-file, see the result and copy-paste it to your product

Thread Information