DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... Last

Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions

Extensions introduced in this thread are free Savage Worlds ruleset extensions and their purpose is to add new and improved features to core ruleset in agile and quick delivery paced development iterations. Some of these features might get migrated into the core ruleset laterwards.

Feel free to give feedback and suggestions about anything related to Savage Worlds ruleset and its features. This thread can also be used to report issues and bugs found from any extensions introduced in this thread. Alternatively you can send me email or private forum message regarding these subjects.

See more about Savage Worlds enhancement extensions from their own posts in this thread.

Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions:

Incompatibility notes

Following commercial products are known to have incompatibility issue, but adapter extension are provided which grants compatibility:

• East Texas University (Enhanced Library)
    Last edited by Ikael; May 31st, 2017 at 21:37. Reason: desktop extension link removed
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

SW Enhanced Adventure Deck

Adventure Deck extension includes all these changes and thus description was removed.
    Last edited by Ikael; June 9th, 2015 at 08:43.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

SW Enhanced Character Sheets Extension

Core Savage Worlds ruleset includes all these changes and thus description was removed.
    Last edited by Ikael; January 22nd, 2015 at 15:52.

SW Enhanced Desktop Extension

Extension removed because it doesn't any real content anymore
    Last edited by Ikael; September 24th, 2015 at 18:58.

SW Enhanced Effects

Core Savage Worlds ruleset includes all these changes and thus description was removed.
    Last edited by Ikael; June 9th, 2015 at 08:45. Reason: added incompatibility note

SW Enhanced Library Extension

Enhanced Library extension adds several features into library, such as ability to create and export own library modules or edit existing ones by using Fantasy Grounds II graphical interface (no need to touch XML).

Implemented features

• Library module builder: Host can create new library modules using Fantasy Grounds UI. These modules can be exported as re-usable, optimized and standard-structured SavageWorlds modules.
    • Content importer: New tool to import formatted content and library pages from markup text. New "Importer" button is provided in Library window to open the tool.
    • Module checker: Verify any module's content and identify issues in them
    • Add new record to existing modules: Host can add new record entries to existing module's record lists.
    • Short record descriptions: Button added to the bottom left corner of the record list window. Pressing this button will display short description of each record entry in the list.
    • Unavailable record entries: Host has option to define any library record entry or category as "unavailable for players". These record entries won't appear for players. To mark record entry unavailable, right click on the entry and select "Toggle item availability".
    • Sort options: Host has option to define how library record lists are sorted. Three different sorting options are provided: by name, by node and by default. To apply sorting, right click on the library record list and select "Sort by".
    • Formatted textfield: Drag-and-drop formatted text content: Holding ALT-key down and dragging from any formatted textfield allows you to copy the content and paste it into any other formatted textfield you drop it.
    • Formatted textfield: Paste formatted text content: New option added "Formatted Text: Show Paste Button". When enabled, a paste button is displayed on top right corner of the each formatted text control. This button will paste formatted content from clipboard to the control.

Compatibility notes

• To make this extension work with East Texas University product you must enable "SW Enhanced Library Adapter for East Texas Universiy_vx.x_buildx" extension which is provided along side the core ETU extension

Documentation

Quick tutorial how to try out Content Importer feature

• Download the content_importer_sample_lorem_ipsum.txt file from this post. Open it and copy its whole content into your clipboard memory (CTRL+A and CTLR+C)
    • Launch SavageWorlds ruleset with SW Enhanced Library extension enabled
    • Use slashcommand: /importlib
    • A new module is created to your library based on the sample data
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ikael; July 31st, 2018 at 19:12.

SW Enhanced Combat Tracker Extension

Last edited by Ikael; January 22nd, 2015 at 16:01.

We had an issue with build 16 (I know official is build 18) and the library thread, it allowed the players to see all the library entries I had marked as no player access, admittedly this was with the very dodgy hacked to death Necropolis ruleset of mine but thought I should mention it.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    We had an issue with build 16 (I know official is build 18) and the library thread, it allowed the players to see all the library entries I had marked as no player access, admittedly this was with the very dodgy hacked to death Necropolis ruleset of mine but thought I should mention it.
    I think I have seen some fishiness regarding the module entry availability feature sometimes, but cannot remember when or where. Thanks anyway, I will pay more attention on this feature in the future. Luckily this doesn't break anything nor make the extension unusable.

Then the big news: SW Enhancement Extensions are now compatible with most of the commercial products. See the compatibility notes in the first post and more details from extension specific post. This means that Deadlands: Reloaded gamers can finally use these extensions without need to fear that something will get broken (my vow to Smiteworks has finally being lifted). Special thanks goes to Phantomwhale for doing great job to make SW ruleset awesome.

As separate note, I think only the new Deadlands: Noir product's compatibility has not been checked yet. I don't have the product myself, but if anyone else is able to check the compatibility, I would approciate it very much.

Noir is pretty light on extension, as the rules stick quite close to the core Savage Worlds, so I'd expect it to be fairly well behaved.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information