FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 53 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last

Enhanced Effects v0.9

Major update to Enhanced Effects extension (v0.9 build 1). New changes relate improving NPC sheet functionality. Now you can define attack types for each NPC weapon and make their attack rolls from weapons instead of just rolling skill. Basically NPCs are updated behind the scene to have lots of features that only PCs had before. This grants full support for effect modifiers which did not exist before fore NPCs. Note that NPCs in modules does not have attack types or power lists populated since modules were not prepared to contains those but you can setup them in your campaign. I have plans to do simple converter tool which would populate these information, but that's another story. See more about changes in this post.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Enhanced Effects v0.9 build 2

Quick update: New version of Enhanced Effects support auto-setting attack types and converting powers from legacy source. Attack type detection is no flawless since it bases on very simple idea:

• If attack has RANGE it must be either SHOOTING or THROWING
    • If attack has RANGE and it's damage is based on STRENGTH, it must be THROWING
    • If attack has RANGE but damage is not based on STRENGTH, it must be SHOOTING
    • Otherwise attack must be FIGHTING

How you see this logic? Any possible situation where this does not work? -- Note that you can always set attack types yourself. Auto-setup is only performed once, the first time you open NPC sheet and it does not have any attack types.

Powers are auto-converted if there are any powerlinks in main tab-page. Arcane Type is setup from skills, if any match arcane skill the given arcane is set as type. Power Points are set if in main tab there is text "xx Power Points", where xx is number of power points.

Give a try to this new version and combine it with the newest NPC Maker extension to boost your adventure creation.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Small update to Enhanced Effects extension (v0.9 build 3): Better attack type detection and slightly improved trait name reading

Blog Entries
    SW Enhanced Effects version 0.9 (Build 3) is incompatible with Deadlands. It replaces chip bags in the ct with bennies.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    SW Enhanced Effects version 0.9 (Build 3) is incompatible with Deadlands. It replaces chip bags in the ct with bennies.
    Yep, the extension is not compatible with Deadlands. It's mentioned in the post where you get the extension. Unfortunately I have no plans to make it compatible unless it becomes part of the core ruleset

SW Enhanced Effects 0.v9 build 4

Update to Enhanced Effects: v0.9 build 4.

New features:

• [Feature] When PC with Elan edge is using a benny, +2 bonus is auto-included into modifierstack
    • [Feature] Attacks and powers can have own Wild Die
    • [Feature] Bonus Damage can be customized for attack and power damages
    • [Feature] Weapon fumble can be set in weapon details
    • [Feature] When damage was rolled with Bonus Damage it is notified more clearly in die result

Ie. you can setup custom wild die and bonus damage for each attack and/or power. To setup wild die, hold ALT down and drop dice (d4, d6, d8, d10 or d12) on Attack's or Power's type icon. Bonus Damage can be customized by going to damage setup, ie. middle-mouse click on damage field or Right click -> Edit -> Setup. There you see three fields: Damage, AP and Bonus Damage. You can type any die string the last one (d10, 2d4 or d6+2d8+2) and whenever you roll damage while Bonus Damage icon next to modifierstack is highlighted, the default d6 is replaced with your custom dices.

Custom wild die for attack/power is useful for example in case of Spell Finesse edge (Hellfrost) and custom bonus damage is useful if you have Bruiser edge or creature has some special rules for damage, say Alligator/Crocodile's Rollover attack which causes extra 2d4 instead of d6 on raise.

Enjoy.

WIP version of Enhanced Library v1.4 build 7 available

Work-in-progress version of Enhanced Library (v1.4 build 8) is available. Note that I do not guarantee that this works completely fine yet, so if you're using this extension to build custom module, BACKUP that campaign.

New features:

• Module's page order can be changed after page is created. New arrow up/down icons are displayed next to page, by clicking up or down the given page moves to be above or below other entry.
    • Export issue fixed: CoreRPG introduced feature to create library index about all exported resources and this caused headache when building your own modules because it would create extra index. Now this issue has been fixed when exporting Custom Library and pages.
    • Text entry's type (short, narrow, normal, wide etc.) can be changed laterwards. Right click on text page and you can see new menu option to change the type
    • Cyberware, Mods, Skyships and Rockets can be created as gear. However you must have enabled certain extensions (which introduce these features) to make this available. Cyberware and Mods can be found from Item menu (if Science Fiction Companion or Interface Zero extension is enabled). Skyship is found from Vehicle menu (if Sundered Skies extension is enabled) and Rockets is in Vehicle menu (if Slipstream extension is enabled)

If you find any issues with the extension, let me know.
    Last edited by Ikael; April 29th, 2015 at 21:38.

Blog Entries
    I'm gonna have to give it a spin when I get back. Thanks for your hard work!
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    I backed up my campaign, switched to the latest library extension and tried to pick up my work on a library where I left off. On entry I get this console error: Script Error: [string "scripts/new_manager_reference.lua"]:117: attempt to call field 'simplify' (a nil value)
    Everything is still there besides the indent I had put in for some title entries. Should I be concerned about this? Is there an easy fix?

Also, seems like sorting by node, default or name doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by Mask_of_winter; May 3rd, 2015 at 12:23. Reason: found another issue

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I backed up my campaign, switched to the latest library extension and tried to pick up my work on a library where I left off. On entry I get this console error: Script Error: [string "scripts/new_manager_reference.lua"]:117: attempt to call field 'simplify' (a nil value)
    Everything is still there besides the indent I had put in for some title entries. Should I be concerned about this? Is there an easy fix?

Also, seems like sorting by node, default or name doesn't work anymore.
    Aha, I have been using the top-notch ruleset (beyond what you see in TEST channel) for way too long time. That error comes because you're not using TEST version of the ruleset. The error does not cause any real issues, you just cannot create Cyberware, Rockets, Skyships, Modifications, but I don't see you doing it. I will fix this anyways

Thread Information