DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 53 First ... 28363738394048 ... Last

Blog Entries
    Why not make a .mod file with the documentation? Or a .pdf? At least then the user could find the information. Unlike Wikis...

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Why not make a .mod file with the documentation? Or a .pdf? At least then the user could find the information. Unlike Wikis...
    Smart! I could train my reference manual skills and create the mod with content importer
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Enhanced Library v1.7 build 4 available

New version is available new features:
    • Formatting improvements
    • You can drop any existing record entry into Content Importer's source view to convert that record entry into markup. Personally I use this feature to convert complex records, such as gear and vehicles into markup; first I create them normally using FG UI and then convert them into markup and copy to my markup workfile
      • You can for instance drag and drop existing reference manual articles into content importer to see how they are defined

• When holding ALT down while dropping existing record to Content Importer's source view a link markup to that record will be added to the source text
    • Creating reference manual's with the content importer optimizes keyword information automatically
    • Reference Manual's article ordering bug in export was fixed
    • When holding down CTRL and clicking pagelist's import page feature, the markup is read from clipboard instead of content importer window
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

I'm using the 1.7 version 4 build and have encountered a possible bug related to use of the Rippers Resurrected GM book at the same time. When I activate the extension (same thing happens with version 1.6) the link names for the plot point campaigns do not appear. If I click on the link the content is still there. When I deactivate the extension, the link names for the plot point campaign appear as normal.

[EDIT] Ikael published a fix the same day for this issue and fixed it. This is no longer an issue.
    Last edited by Talen; November 27th, 2016 at 12:01.

Here quick step-by-step how to use Content Importer to create library book pages and export them.
    Better manual is on the way

To try everything out yourself, download this sample content importer markup and do the steps yourself
    Last edited by Ikael; December 7th, 2016 at 12:50.

Is it possible to create a rollable table inside a new custom module?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion77 View Post
    Is it possible to create a rollable table inside a new custom module?
    You can create rollable table normally and if any of your library module references the table it will become part of the module. There is no option to create rollable tables as library pages, but above reference approach is workaround for it

One more question:
    1. I've created a Skill List inside a custom module with Add Item: Lisk Skill
    2. Next I've created a Reference Manual entry, inside the same custom module, with the Importer
    3. Is it possible to link the Skill Table from the module to or inside a specific Reference Manual record entry?
    Attachment 16632

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion77 View Post
    One more question:
    1. I've created a Skill List inside a custom module with Add Item: Lisk Skill
    2. Next I've created a Reference Manual entry, inside the same custom module, with the Importer
    3. Is it possible to link the Skill Table from the module to or inside a specific Reference Manual record entry?
    Attachment 16632
    You can link any library entry inside reference manual. You cannot create that subchapter would open the skill list directly in the view, but you can add link to subchapter page that would open the skill list when clicked. To do this the most easiest way in your markup hold down ALT and drag the skill list link to content importer source view; this will add {{link}} markup to your source pointing to that record you just dragged. More specifically in your case hold down ALT and drag from "Lista delle Abilità" and drop it to content importer. If you don't hold ALT down it will convert your skill list into markup.

Now this is counter question to you as a user, regarding what I just described above, which would be more important action: when drag-dropping record entry to content importer, should it become link markup or content markup by default? -- At the moment the default action is content markup, BUT I am starting to lean more towards to other option.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    You can link any library entry inside reference manual. You cannot create that subchapter would open the skill list directly in the view, but you can add link to subchapter page that would open the skill list when clicked. To do this the most easiest way in your markup hold down ALT and drag the skill list link to content importer source view; this will add {{link}} markup to your source pointing to that record you just dragged. More specifically in your case hold down ALT and drag from "Lista delle Abilità" and drop it to content importer. If you don't hold ALT down it will convert your skill list into markup.
    Wonderful!!!

Now this is counter question to you as a user, regarding what I just described above, which would be more important action: when drag-dropping record entry to content importer, should it become link markup or content markup by default? -- At the moment the default action is content markup, BUT I am starting to lean more towards to other option.
    I'm starting to understand a little better how the fantasy grounds engine works. Considering the purpose of a reference manual (for me to take advantage of the text search function through the contents), I fear it is inevitable to "duplicate" each entry, and use the links only for those entries not supported by the architecture of the reference manual.

just to throw in some wacky ideas :P here's what I think would enhance a lot this extension:
    - radial menu for the content importer, from which to retrieve individual markup (from a library? with examples?)
    - copy the importer help tab content in a module, in order to search for specific text strings, or even better, in a reference manual with text strings with samples (examples images / screenshots of the output?)
    - in the content importer, when you start to have many entry it becomes complicated scroll up and down all the code to spot specific nodes. Perhaps it might be easier with a tree structure collapsible/expandalbe by nodes?
    - and again about the markup/link previus qeustion: as well as having the opportunity to drag & drop (with or without the ALT function), have two buttons to copy markup/link (as the Blue paste icon in Story entries)?

In any case, in my opinion, just as it is it is a really powerful tool.
    Personally I find it much more user friendly of the PAR5E. I think mainly due to the fact that:
    - It works directly inside Fantasy Grounds (same user interface)
    - You can see the changes in near real time, without having to export and reload every time a module: make a change, import it, open the new content, and go on on next step or fix the last change

Thread Information