FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

couple of questions

Hey everyone, just ran my 2nd session in FG ever- using CoreRPG to run Shadow of the Demon Lord. For the most part it's been going great (my game is in person so mostly everyone uses real dice since FG can't incorporate boons/banes easily), but I have noticed some odd things I have questions about;

The first encounter I ran in session 1 had 6 of the same enemies and when I added them to the combat tracker it labeled them 1-6, every encounter since then has not done this and I'm not sure why? When I build the encounters is there a way to make it do this?

Is there a way to disable initiative sorting in the combat tracker- SOTDL doesn't use initiative, and because CoreRPG has no easy method of tracking damage on a creature (can't believe there's no extension for this) I use the initiative box to track damage but it makes the name jump around in the combat tracker (not a huge deal really).

In the combat tracker on all the players names there is a bubble with a number in it over the characters icon (mine all say 2.5) what is this?

Blog Entries
    Dugahst you should have a look at MoreCore... it has Boons and Banes and you can track damage on creatures...
    The bubble number means that the token has been scaled by that multiplier...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Dugahst you should have a look at MoreCore... it has Boons and Banes and you can track damage on creatures...
    Any idea why it doesn’t number same type npcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    Any idea why it doesn’t number same type npcs?
    Check the campaign option: combat -> Add NPC Numbering

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Options#Combat
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Follow up question - i have ultimate license, if I set everything up (transferring my campaign into morecore) do my players have to download the morecore.pak (and also the shadow of the demonlord theme) in order for them to play in the game- or will the client automatically send all the stuff to them?

Hello,
    No, your players jus have to connect afetr installing the demo version. The rest is full automatic. Couldn't be better!
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Blog Entries
    Just remember the first time your players connect they will have to download stuff. So I suggest you start up your campaign early or have another time when they can connect and let the download happen. You wouldn't want to wait 15 minutes to start playing if everyone waits till start time to connect.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can someone with morecore experience help me out.
    How do I setup boons/banes on attack rolls on npc and character sheets?
    I can't figure it out from the help website.

Blog Entries
    Create one or more Boon and Bane Rolls with format:

/bane 1d6
    /bane 2d6
    /bane 3d6
    /boon 1d6
    /boon 2d6
    /boon 3d6

When you click on one of these it will roll the appropriate dice and add the final result to the modifier box to apply to your next Roll

Set up your skill and combat Rolls with the appropriate values/strings.

Then in play you would click the Boon/Bane and then the additional Roll.

Create one or more Boon and Bane rolls with format:

/bane 1d6
    /bane 2d6
    /bane 3d6
    /boon 1d6
    /boon 2d6
    /boon 3d6

When you click on one of these it will roll the appropriate dice and add the final result to the modifier box to apply to your next Roll

Set up your skill and combat rolls with the appropriate values/strings.

Then in play you would click the Boon/Bane and then the additional Roll.
    Ahh ok, i was thinking there was a way to set it up on the npc or character sheet to were you could just click the dice button and have it do it it all (IE roll the d20 with ability mod, roll the boons/banes and add/subtract from the d20 roll and display the final outcome)
    Last edited by Dugahst; March 1st, 2018 at 02:10.

Thread Information