Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Sooo... Who's promoting this event? I am very much looking forward to it (and hopefully get to play in some SW rounds or otherwise host one myself).

Just looked around in the larger German RPG forums and apparently FG is not very much known there.

We'll be relying on posts in various forums and websites, social media, email newsletters, etc..

We haven't started pushing this as the FG Con website still needs some tweeking before we start to push publicity. The last thing I want is to start publicity and have a "Under Construction - please come back later" sign on the convention website.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    We'll be relying on posts in various forums and websites, social media, email newsletters, etc..

We haven't started pushing this as the FG Con website still needs some tweeking before we start to push publicity. The last thing I want is to start publicity and have a "Under Construction - please come back later" sign on the convention website.
    Makes sense. This should happen soon, though - it's only 6-7 weeks left (and those are going to pass quickly!). Not that you need any more pressure ;-).

Just found out I will miss this one

A very good friend is getting married that weekend.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980 View Post
    Just found out I will miss this one
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, I'll ask my mate to move his wedding. If his fiancée is truely the one, she'll understand
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Doswelk, Bennis and myself all out - hope that someone will still be representing for SavageWorlds this time around !
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

I've been pondering GMing a Savage Worlds session or two, but I've never done it for a con. To be honest, I've never been to an actual (live) convention and my only exposure has been as a player at the last FGII con. I've been GMing for several years using FGII for a varying groups of friends, including one-shot adventures for people new to things. I've just never done it for a con.

Are there restrictions on what I'm allowed to run? Specifically, can I run commercial products or things I've gotten from community sites? or do I need some sort of permission?

Quote Originally Posted by grapper View Post
    Are there restrictions on what I'm allowed to run? Specifically, can I run commercial products or things I've gotten from community sites? or do I need some sort of permission?
    There are no restrictions on what you run in terms of commercial, community or home-grown material. You are not providing/distributing any copyright material for players to keep (just sharing for the game) so you do not need to get permission from authors/publishers to run a game using their material at the convention.

The only restriction would be the "adult" content of your game - as it is not always obvious how old players are and also what offends players, it is always best to keep your games at "PG-13" rating in both content and GM/player language.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grapper View Post
    I've been pondering GMing a Savage Worlds session or two, but I've never done it for a con. To be honest, I've never been to an actual (live) convention and my only exposure has been as a player at the last FGII con. I've been GMing for several years using FGII for a varying groups of friends, including one-shot adventures for people new to things. I've just never done it for a con.

I am definitely interested in playing in a SW session or two at FGC 3. While I have run adventures at Cons, I am way behind on the learning curve for FG at this point. Maybe I'll run an All for One SW adventure (which I am currently massaging into a FG module/extension).

Thread Information