STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    I've downloaded ad&d2 ruleset. It's robust but it hasn't all that features of osric ruleset. When I created osric ruleset I have one thing in mind : flexibility

Old Schoolers have tons of house rules and modifications done by years of practice. So, my scripts point to one and only one values reference : oldschoolreferences.lua.

Skills are also very flexibles : you can use d100, d20, d12, d6... add bonus or abilities, roll under or not, ...

And the one thing that was not easy to incorporated : the weapon vs Ac bonus and malus. I'm not very happy with my initial method but I haven't find time to change the interface since I've scripted it.

But, yes, OSRIC ruleset is old now and lacks some great features of the newer ruleset.

Hi mate,

which ADND2 ruleset are you referring to?

Blog Entries
    https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/OSRIC

although it looks offline at this time...

Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/OSRIC

although it looks offline at this time...
    Thank you, mate.
    Is this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Ruleset:_OSRIC) the same ruleset?

Blog Entries
    Yes that looks like it - sorry - I peeked in the Wiki and must have missed it.
    The one in the Wiki is by rule_of_three the poster above.

the osric ruleset is fine, but we can't use it. too many times a player has accidentally changed the value of a skill because of the mouse wheel and there's no reset value. usually a ruleset has the option to use ctrl to stop this, but the osric ruleset doesn't. it's a shame b/c other than that the ruleset is awesome and osric would be our go-to game. instead, I use core and created a BFRPG ruleset that works great. it was just easier for me to create ascending AC value stat blocks than decending.
    Life is too short to worry about things you can do nothing about
    Gaming since '78, DM/GMing since '79 (an ultimate grognard)
    Ultimate License owner

Blog Entries
    Castles and Crusades. Give it a look see. If you want a tour let me know.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

thanks john...not to hijack the thread, but are you ever going to run your campaign? I've got the trembles and need a fix
    Life is too short to worry about things you can do nothing about
    Gaming since '78, DM/GMing since '79 (an ultimate grognard)
    Ultimate License owner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krb243 View Post
    thanks john...not to hijack the thread, but are you ever going to run your campaign? I've got the trembles and need a fix
    I will drop you a PM.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krb243 View Post
    the osric ruleset is fine, but we can't use it. too many times a player has accidentally changed the value of a skill because of the mouse wheel and there's no reset value. usually a ruleset has the option to use ctrl to stop this, but the osric ruleset doesn't. it's a shame b/c other than that the ruleset is awesome and osric would be our go-to game. instead, I use core and created a BFRPG ruleset that works great. it was just easier for me to create ascending AC value stat blocks than decending.
    is that the only thing you need fixed?
    what fields need this changed?

Thread Information