FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Hey dr_v... do you have these tables integrated into the ruleset or are you simply ad hoc using them from a paper copy?

If you have them in game I'd love to have a copy of the module if you were to make it available for download.

I'm coming up on some DMing downtime (May - September) and am thinking of trying my hand at a C&C game in the fall if time allows.
    Try it! It would be a nice vacation after Rolemaster. This game brings you back to the basics. It's the reason you played D&D in the early eighties and enjoyed it. I host a one-off adventure of C&C occasionally. Haven't got one coming up soon but if I wind up with more downtime, I'll take you on a personal tour.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

JohnD: I do not have the tables in a FG-sharable form (nor do I feel comfortable putting such intellectual property on the boards here). They are in regular old FG rollable table form that is part of the new ruleset which I'm trying to knock into shape for release some day... *sigh.* There may be another way - I'll PM you when I get the chance.

S Ferguson: Thanks for spreading the C&C love. I'm still surprised that C&C doesn't have a larger fan base, as it's such an easy game for old timers like me to learn and house-rule into the exact shape they want.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    JohnD: I do not have the tables in a FG-sharable form (nor do I feel comfortable putting such intellectual property on the boards here). They are in regular old FG rollable table form that is part of the new ruleset which I'm trying to knock into shape for release some day... *sigh.* There may be another way - I'll PM you when I get the chance.

S Ferguson: Thanks for spreading the C&C love. I'm still surprised that C&C doesn't have a larger fan base, as it's such an easy game for old timers like me to learn and house-rule into the exact shape they want.
    Hear, hear!
    Aliens.... Go fig?

And C&C is one of my pet loves anyway. It's the system *you* want it to be, rather than the system *they* want to enforce on you. I'm using house rules in it that I thought up in the eighties. In fact a fair number of my "test" rules go into this game because it just doesn't break! It almost gives me that warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about it....
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    I may take my summer "off" months and familiarize myself further... ToEE in C&C might be fun.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by S Ferguson
    And C&C is one of my pet loves anyway. It's the system *you* want it to be, rather than the system *they* want to enforce on you. I'm using house rules in it that I thought up in the eighties. In fact a fair number of my "test" rules go into this game because it just doesn't break!
    That's really well put. In my Old West game I spent a few months just throwing together the classes from the C&C variant Go Fer Yer Gun! and d20 variant Sidewinder: Recoiled!, made a spread sheet to kinda get an overview of classes and abilities, and when new abilities are automatically gained, hit dice for classes, etc... darned if it doesn't work pretty well right out of the box. Even converted all of the weapons to the Knuckleduster Firearms Shop rules, and added the Rolemaster crits... no problems. And yeah, I'm using several house rules from my AD&D days easy as can be. Even original AD&D and D20 game material can be integrated with minimal fuss... takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

It seems to be a game system that can certainly be unbalanced, but not easily broken. I love that it really serves me much more than I serve it.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    I may take my summer "off" months and familiarize myself further... ToEE in C&C might be fun.
    I've been kinda working on that, too. I got a nice Hommlet map all ready for you - PM me for it, or search for it in the forums here... I posted it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    That's really well put. In my Old West game I spent a few months just throwing together the classes from the C&C variant Go Fer Yer Gun! and d20 variant Sidewinder: Recoiled!, made a spread sheet to kinda get an overview of classes and abilities, and when new abilities are automatically gained, hit dice for classes, etc... darned if it doesn't work pretty well right out of the box. Even converted all of the weapons to the Knuckleduster Firearms Shop rules, and added the Rolemaster crits... no problems. And yeah, I'm using several house rules from my AD&D days easy as can be. Even original AD&D and D20 game material can be integrated with minimal fuss... takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

It seems to be a game system that can certainly be unbalanced, but not easily broken. I love that it really serves me much more than I serve it.
    Yep, did the same thing to integrate firearms into my game. Sidewinder, and the Action! to d20 rules to bring in some of the Gunslinger professions and which has more comprehensive weapons tables. I have even added a few "cyberpunk" style classes, from d20 Digital Burn (mostly the underworld classes, like the "Fixer"). And yes, my AD&D material (like the Minotaur race from the original AD&D Dragonlance sourcebook), have provided countless hours of fun (just don't mess with a Minotaur Fixer toting a Henry-Irons rifle... )
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Was this done as a mod or ext? I would like to use it in my 5e campaign.

Thread Information