DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 86 of 277 First ... 3676848586878896136186 ... Last

Thread: Project: Par5e

Thanks gents for your help with this 'spells.txt' issue. Unfortunately I am having the same issue as before. I tried several of your fixes and to no avail, here is what I've tried...

- putting #@; above both Bard Spells and Cleric Spells
    - Putting #@; above ONLY Bard Spells and not Cleric Spells
    - Thinking that maybe there was an issue with the spell list (again, only spells beginning with the letter 'A' from the PHB have been included in the ##; list) I made both spell lists the same. Both lists include all of the spells listed below them.
    - Removed all spacing between lines (didn't really seem to have an effect, I assume spaces above the ##; list are ignored).
    - Made sure to try several of my tests with an empty Temp folder and clean restart of Par5e.
    - Tried deleting the module within the FG folder and 'outputting' to my desktop and manually adding it in.

I get the same results no matter which of the above changes I do. Here's what I have observed...

-Everything parses in green except the 'Awaken' spell (the last 'A' spell in the book and therefore the last spell entry in my ##; list) doesn't even show up on the parse. Not green, not red, just not...present.
    -Bard Spells show up perfectly within FG, all of the A spells are represented and drag and drop to char sheet normally (even 'Awaken' which didn't show up in the parse =P).
    -Cleric Spells just don't even show up in the module, regardless of what I have tried.

Parse Output
    Code:
    Info  : engine build  ....................................................................... [v0.0.8-b28] 
      Info  : ruleset library  ............................................................................ [5E] 
      Info  : module  ................................................................................. [PHB 5e] 
      Info  : ruleset  .................................................................................... [5E] 
      Info  : folder structure  ...................................................................... [Created] 
      Parse : class   ......................................................................... [Barbarian - OK] 
      Parse : class  ............................................................................... [Completed] 
      Make  : class windowlists  ................................................................... [Completed] 
      Parse - spell  ........................................................................ [Acid Splash - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ................................................................................ [Aid - OK] 
      Parse - spell  .............................................................................. [Alarm - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ......................................................................... [Alter Self - OK] 
      Parse - spell  .................................................................. [Animal Friendship - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ................................................................... [Animal Messenger - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ...................................................................... [Animal Shapes - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ....................................................................... [Animate Dead - OK] 
      Parse - spell  .................................................................... [Animate Objects - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ..................................................................... [Antilife Shell - OK] 
      Parse - spell  .................................................................... [Antimagic Field - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ................................................................. [Antipathy/Sympathy - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ......................................................................... [Arcane Eye - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ........................................................................ [Arcane Gate - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ........................................................................ [Arcane Lock - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ................................................................... [Armor of Agathys - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ...................................................................... [Arms of Hadar - OK] 
      Parse - spell  .................................................................. [Astral Projection - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ............................................................................. [Augury - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ....................................................................... [Aura of Life - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ..................................................................... [Aura of Purity - OK] 
      Parse - spell  ................................................................... [Aura of Vitality - OK] 
      Parse : spells  .............................................................................. [Completed] 
      Make  : spells windowlists  .................................................................. [Completed] 
      Parse : tables  .............................................................................. [Completed] 
      Make  : tables windowlists  .................................................................. [Completed] 
      Make  : tables (campaign)  ................................................................... [Completed] 
      Make  : tables (reference)  .................................................................. [Completed] 
      Make  : class (reference)  ................................................................... [Completed] 
      Make  : spells (reference)  .................................................................. [Completed] 
      Make  : module xml data  ..................................................................... [Completed] 
      Make  : archive data  ........................................................................ [Completed] 
      Make  : module xml library entries  .......................................................... [Completed] 
      Write : module xml data  ..................................................................... [Completed] 
      Write : module xml syntax  ................................................................. [Well Formed] 
      Write : module xml definition  ............................................................... [Completed] 
      Write : copying module images  ............................................................... [Completed] 
      Write : copying module tokens  ............................................................... [Completed] 
      Write : copying module thumbnail  ............................................................ [Completed] 
      Cook  : module archive  ...................................................................... [Completed] 
      Build : module  .............................................................................. [Completed]
    My current spells.txt
    Code:
    #@;
    Bard Spells
    Cantrips (0 level)
    Acid Splash
    1st Level
    Alarm
    Animal Friendship
    Armor of Agathys
    Arms of Hadar
    2nd Level
    Aid
    Alter Self
    Animal Messenger
    Arcane Lock
    Augury
    3rd Level
    Animate Dead
    Aura of Vitality
    4th Level
    Arcane Eye
    Aura of Life
    Aura of Purity
    5th Level
    Animate Objects
    Antilife Shell
    Awaken
    6th Level
    Arcane Gate
    8th Level
    Animal Shapes
    Antimagic Field
    Antipathy/Sympathy
    9th Level
    Astral Projection
    #@;
    Cleric Spells
    Cantrips (0 level)
    Acid Splash
    1st Level
    Alarm
    Animal Friendship
    Armor of Agathys
    Arms of Hadar
    2nd Level
    Aid
    Alter Self
    Animal Messenger
    Arcane Lock
    Augury
    3rd Level
    Animate Dead
    Aura of Vitality
    4th Level
    Arcane Eye
    Aura of Life
    Aura of Purity
    5th Level
    Animate Objects
    Antilife Shell
    Awaken
    6th Level
    Arcane Gate
    8th Level
    Animal Shapes
    Antimagic Field
    Antipathy/Sympathy
    9th Level
    Astral Projection
    ##;
    Acid Splash
    Conjuration cantrip
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 60 feet
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Instantaneous
    You hurl a bubble of acid. Choose one creature within
    range, or choose two creatures within range that are
    within 5 feet of each other. A target must succeed on a
    Dexterity saving throw or take 1d6 acid damage.
    This spell’s damage increases by 1d6 when you reach
    5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).

Aid
    2nd-level abjuration
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 30 feet
    Components: V, S, M (a tiny strip of white cloth)
    Duration: 8 hours
    Your spell bolsters your allies with toughness and
    resolve. Choose up to three creatures within range.
    Each target’s hit point maximum and current hit points
    increase by 5 for the duration.
    <b>At Higher Levels.</b> When you cast this spell using
    a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, a target’s hit points
    increase by an additional 5 for each slot level above 2nd.

Alarm
    1st-level abjuration (ritual)
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: 30 feet
    Components: V, S, M (a tiny bell and a piece of fine silver wire)
    Duration: 8 hours
    You set an alarm against unwanted intrusion. Choose
    a door, a window, or an area within range that is no
    larger than a 20-foot cube. Until the spell ends, an alarm
    alerts you whenever a Tiny or larger creature touches
    or enters the warded area. When you cast the spell, you
    can designate creatures that won’t set off the alarm. You
    also choose whether the alarm is mental or audible.
    A mental alarm alerts you with a ping in your mind
    if you are within 1 mile of the warded area. This ping
    awakens you if you are sleeping.
    An audible alarm produces the sound of a hand bell
    for 10 seconds within 60 feet.

(All of the 'A' spells)
    I thought maybe this could have something to do with sentence breaks and hidden spaces (tried out AutoHotkey as per Xorn's video but couldn't quite get it to work, will probably try again as it was late that night) but then why would all of the spells show up fine for Bard and yet no Cleric entry? They have the exact same spell lists. There's obviously something small I'm missing here. Any other ideas I could try? Thanks guys.

Found it. If the two spell lists are EXACTLY the same, for whatever reason, it doesn't work. Add say, bless, to the clerics 1st level list and not the bards and it shows both the Bard's and Cleric's list. Add Bless to the Bard's list and boom, only the Bard shows up again.
    Last edited by OneSidedDie; September 16th, 2014 at 23:45.

Aha! You DID find it! Thanks a bunch! For whatever reason it also didn't work when I created a 'partial' A-named spell list for the cleric but which inherently included only the same spells as the bard. When different spells were added to either then they both showed up fine. Thank you for that thought process, I'll be wary about having identical lists now as I continue to test parse the PHb

tack harness etc

Did this issue get addressed?

So how about creative additions (maybe I should start a new thread for this...)? For instance, what do you do to change your module to better suit your gaming group? I've noticed some people BOLD certain words and ITALICIZE others. What about lists? Do you change them at all, add things, remove things? Some of the changes I have made include...

- Adding Don/Doff times to the description of each armor
    Code:
    Leather. The breastplate and shoulder protectors of this armor are made of leather that has been stiffened by being boiled in oil. The rest of the armor is made of softer and more flexible materials.<b>(Don Armor:1 minute, Doff Armor:1 minute)</b>
    - Adding the 'types' to weapon descriptions, including 'special' text
    Code:
    Lance.<b>---REACH---</b> This weapon adds 5 feet to your reach when you attack with it.<b>---SPECIAL---</b>You have disadvantage when you use a lance to attack a target within 5 feet of you. Also, a lance requires two hands to wield when you aren’t mounted.
    - Using lists to display certain class information (i.e. Below is a Barbarian example)
    Code:
    #abf;Totem Spirit;3
    At 3rd level, when you adopt this path, you choose a
    totem spirit and gain its feature. You must make or
    acquire a physical totem object- an amulet or similar
    adornment—that incorporates fur or feathers, claws,
    teeth, or b ones of the totem animal. At your option, you
    also gain minor physical attributes that are reminiscent
    of your totem spirit. For example, if you have a bear
    totem spirit, you might be unusually hairy and thick skinned,
    or if your totem is the eagle, your eyes turn
    bright yellow.
    Your totem animal might be an animal related to those
    listed here but more appropriate to your homeland.
    For example, you could choose a hawk or vulture in
    place of an eagle.
    #ls;
    #li;Bear. 
    While raging, you have resistance to all damage
    except psychic damage. The spirit of the bear makes you
    tough enough to stand up to any punishment.
    #li;Eagle. 
    While you're raging and aren’t wearing
    heavy armor, other creatures have disadvantage on
    opportunity attack rolls against you, and you can use the
    Dash action as a bonus action on your turn. The spirit
    of the eagle makes you into a predator who can weave
    through the fray with ease.
    #li;Wolf. 
    While you're raging, your friends have
    advantage on melee attack rolls against any creature
    within 5 feet of you that is hostile to you. The spirit of
    the wolf makes you a leader of hunters.
    #le;
    Of course these are simple samples but they work well with my gaming group. What sorts of changes have you made? Does anyone have a better way of displaying the weapon 'types' in their description (as far as I can tell lists, bullet points, etc, don't work in the description text) for example? Anything 'custom' that you have done that works for your group? Any ideas (i.e. adding a Rituals list to the 'spells.txt' or adding the carrying capacity of containers to equipment descriptions)?

Whatcha got?
    Last edited by ManakinRex; September 18th, 2014 at 20:20.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olodrin View Post
    Did this issue get addressed?
    Which issue would that be Olodrin?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManakinRex View Post
    So how about creative additions (maybe I should start a new thread for this...)? For instance, what do you do to change your module to better suit your gaming group? I've noticed some people BOLD certain words and ITALICIZE others. What about lists? Do you change them at all, add things, remove things? Some of the changes I have made include...

- Adding Don/Doff times to the description of each armor
    Code:
    Leather. The breastplate and shoulder protectors of this armor are made of leather that has been stiffened by being boiled in oil. The rest of the armor is made of softer and more flexible materials.<b>(Don Armor:1 minute, Doff Armor:1 minute)</b>
    - Adding the 'types' to weapon descriptions, including 'special' text
    Code:
    Lance.<b>---REACH---</b> This weapon adds 5 feet to your reach when you attack with it.<b>---SPECIAL---</b>You have disadvantage when you use a lance to attack a target within 5 feet of you. Also, a lance requires two hands to wield when you aren’t mounted.
    - Using lists to display certain class information (i.e. Below is a Barbarian example)
    Code:
    #abf;Totem Spirit;3
    At 3rd level, when you adopt this path, you choose a
    totem spirit and gain its feature. You must make or
    acquire a physical totem object- an amulet or similar
    adornment—that incorporates fur or feathers, claws,
    teeth, or b ones of the totem animal. At your option, you
    also gain minor physical attributes that are reminiscent
    of your totem spirit. For example, if you have a bear
    totem spirit, you might be unusually hairy and thick skinned,
    or if your totem is the eagle, your eyes turn
    bright yellow.
    Your totem animal might be an animal related to those
    listed here but more appropriate to your homeland.
    For example, you could choose a hawk or vulture in
    place of an eagle.
    #ls;
    #li;Bear. 
    While raging, you have resistance to all damage
    except psychic damage. The spirit of the bear makes you
    tough enough to stand up to any punishment.
    #li;Eagle. 
    While you're raging and aren’t wearing
    heavy armor, other creatures have disadvantage on
    opportunity attack rolls against you, and you can use the
    Dash action as a bonus action on your turn. The spirit
    of the eagle makes you into a predator who can weave
    through the fray with ease.
    #li;Wolf. 
    While you're raging, your friends have
    advantage on melee attack rolls against any creature
    within 5 feet of you that is hostile to you. The spirit of
    the wolf makes you a leader of hunters.
    #le;
    Of course these are simple samples but they work well with my gaming group. What sorts of changes have you made? Does anyone have a better way of displaying the weapon 'types' in their description (as far as I can tell lists, bullet points, etc, don't work in the description text) for example? Anything 'custom' that you have done that works for your group? Any ideas (i.e. adding a Rituals list to the 'spells.txt' or adding the carrying capacity of containers to equipment descriptions)?

Whatcha got?
    It will be interesting to see the responses to this, as for me I pretty much mirror the Rulebook format so my groups have no issues transitioning between hardback books, PDFs or FG Modules.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ManakinRex View Post
    What sorts of changes have you made? Does anyone have a better way of displaying the weapon 'types' in their description (as far as I can tell lists, bullet points, etc, don't work in the description text) for example? Anything 'custom' that you have done that works for your group? Any ideas (i.e. adding a Rituals list to the 'spells.txt' or adding the carrying capacity of containers to equipment descriptions)?

Whatcha got?
    While I do have a fairly healthy list of House Rules in 4E, I haven't had enough (any) playtime in 5E yet (this weekend will be our first "mock combat", with our first scheduled session in a couple weeks), so I haven't really tweaked the rules yet. But I have done a couple things while parsing the Player's Handbook. I'm still sluggin' my way through the parse, but things I've done so far:
    • Dug up my old 2E Arms & Equipment guide and tossed in descriptions for armor and weapons that weren't there, and better descriptions for some that were. I'll be doing this for adventuring gear with like Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog as well (I spent hours doing this in 4E).
    • I plan on adding alot more equipment, items, etc. Again; using Aurora's and other supplements. In 4E for example, Aurora's listed alot of great stuff like cheeses, breads, wine, etc. Including some excellent descriptions. I even went so far as to make separate items broken down by serving size (tuns all the way down to a single serving), the whole nine yards.
    • For alotta places where a given spell had a table as part of its description in the PHB, I went with a list. I just thought the lists formatted a little cleaner.
    • Using an idea that I think valeros came up with (or at least, that's the first time I'd seen it), rather than parsing each individual rulebook separately, I'm be creating just two: a "5E Player's Handbook" (which will include any further PHB's or splat books) and a "5E DM's Compendium". The PHB has classes, spells, equipment, etc. All the things a player would need. The DMC has critters, magic items, etc.

Doh, forgot to paste in the paragraph I wrote describing the issue!

Anyway, IIRC, the parser FG2 was throwing an error even with properly coded tack harness etc, along with having to use Waterbourne vehicles, rather than Waterborne vehicles

Code:
    #@;Tack Harness and Drawn Vehicles
    #th;Item;Cost;Weight
    #st;General Mount Gear
    Barding; x4; x2;
    Bit and bridle; 2 gp; 1 lb.;
    Carriage; 100 gp; 600 lb.;
    Cart; 15 gp; 200 lb.;
    Chariot; 250 gp; 100 lb.;
    Feed (per day); 5 cp;10 lb.;
    Saddlebags; 4 gp; 8 lb.;
    Sled; 20 gp; 300 lb;.
    Stabling (per day); 5 sp; —;
    Wagon; 35 gp; 400 lb.;
    #st;Saddles
    Exotic; 60 gp; 40 lb;
    Military; 20 gp; 30 lb.;
    Pack; 5 gp; 15 lb.;
    Riding; 10 gp; 25 lb.;

#@;Waterbourne Vehicles
    #th;Item;Cost;Speed
    Galley; 30,000 gp; 4 mph;
    Keelboat; 3,000 gp; 1 mph;
    Longship; 10,000 gp 3 mph;
    Rowboat; 50 gp; 1 1/2 mph;
    Sailing ship; 10,000 gp; 2 mph;
    Warship; 25,000 gp; 2 1/2 mph;

Quote Originally Posted by Torgaard View Post
    While I do have a fairly healthy list of House Rules in 4E, I haven't had enough (any) playtime in 5E yet (this weekend will be our first "mock combat", with our first scheduled session in a couple weeks), so I haven't really tweaked the rules yet. But I have done a couple things while parsing the Player's Handbook. I'm still sluggin' my way through the parse, but things I've done so far:
    • Dug up my old 2E Arms & Equipment guide and tossed in descriptions for armor and weapons that weren't there, and better descriptions for some that were. I'll be doing this for adventuring gear with like Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog as well (I spent hours doing this in 4E).
    • I plan on adding alot more equipment, items, etc. Again; using Aurora's and other supplements. In 4E for example, Aurora's listed alot of great stuff like cheeses, breads, wine, etc. Including some excellent descriptions. I even went so far as to make separate items broken down by serving size (tuns all the way down to a single serving), the whole nine yards.
    • For alotta places where a given spell had a table as part of its description in the PHB, I went with a list. I just thought the lists formatted a little cleaner.
    • Using an idea that I think valeros came up with (or at least, that's the first time I'd seen it), rather than parsing each individual rulebook separately, I'm be creating just two: a "5E Player's Handbook" (which will include any further PHB's or splat books) and a "5E DM's Compendium". The PHB has classes, spells, equipment, etc. All the things a player would need. The DMC has critters, magic items, etc.
    Ah, using 2E eh? Such fond memories of AD&D Adding extra items/descriptions sounds like a great idea. The more the merrier. Best of luck for your first 5e 'sit-down' .

Thread Information