Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Feature Request: Export Calendar Entries

I wonder if it would be possible to add an export function to the Calendar so that the date/year along with whatever text has been entered on the date(s) in question can be sent to a text file.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Add the request to JPG's feature request list.

In the meantime, I've just put this little extension together (should be CoreRPG based ruleset compatible and perhaps more).

Type /calexport in the chat window and it will export all of the calendar XML from the campaign. Within this XML is the <log> XML element that has all of the log entries.

See post #4 below for some basic XSL that can be used to create a viewable HTML page.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 2nd, 2014 at 04:15.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Cool - thanks.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

I've done a bit of messing around and I have a few manual steps that can be used to create some nice, viewable HTML from the raw calendar XML exported using the FG extension in post #2.

Attachment 3622

Steps:
    1. Download the attached file above and extract FGcalLog.xsl into a directory.
    2. Using the Calendar Export extension (post #2) export your calendar into the same directory where you extracted FGcalLog.xsl (step #1).
    3. In Notepad++ or a similar text/XML editor, open the calendar XML exported in step #2 and add the following line between the first line (<?xml version=...) and the second line (<root ...): <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="FGcallog.xsl"?> The first 3 lines of the XML file should look like this:
      Code:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
      <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="FGcallog.xsl"?>
      <root version="2.9" release="10">
    4. Save the FG calendar XML file that you modified in step #3.
    5. Open Windows explorer and go to the directory where the FGcalLog.xsl and FG Calendar export XML files are located. Right-click on the FG calendar export XML file and select "Open With". If Internet Explorer or FireFox are not listed, select "Choose Default Program" and select "Internet Explorer" (or FireFox if you prefer that and have it installed), remove the check from "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and press OK. Your calendar entries should appear in the web browser.

Here is a very basic example:
    Attachment 3623

Perhaps GMs who have calendar log entries in a 3.5E campaign could give it a try and see how it works?
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 15th, 2013 at 20:40.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I'll look this evening.

- John Diefenbaker

Trenloe, tried using the calendar export in a 3.5e campaign. Using the slash command does nothing. Perhaps I copied the .ext file into the wrong folder. Does in go in the extensions folder, because that's where I put it. Tried restarting FG a couple times and no difference. Current (v3.0.8) edition. I'd really like to help get this function to work.
    Running on pure Plot Devicium since 1986.
    Like D&D Actual Play podcasts? Check out mine! It's called Shocking Gasp. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklerus Prime View Post
    Trenloe, tried using the calendar export in a 3.5e campaign. Using the slash command does nothing. Perhaps I copied the .ext file into the wrong folder. Does in go in the extensions folder, because that's where I put it. Tried restarting FG a couple times and no difference. Current (v3.0.8) edition. I'd really like to help get this function to work.
    Have you activated the extension before you load your campaign? Select "Calendar Export" from the "Campaign Details" list on the "Load Campaign" screen. When you start your campaign it will write some info to the chat window saying "Calendar Log Export Extension..." so you'll know it's loaded properly if you see that note in the chat window.

Gotcha. Did that and it seems to have exported everything. I got it to open in Firefox (but not Chrome). It looks like all the entries are there only they are not in chronological order. I can't yet see any pattern to the order, though.
    Running on pure Plot Devicium since 1986.
    Like D&D Actual Play podcasts? Check out mine! It's called Shocking Gasp. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklerus Prime View Post
    Gotcha. Did that and it seems to have exported everything. I got it to open in Firefox (but not Chrome). It looks like all the entries are there only they are not in chronological order. I can't yet see any pattern to the order, though.
    It'll be the order in which they were entered into the calendar. The extension is just a straight export of the data from the campaign database.

Thread Information