STAR TREK 2d20
Page 21 of 28 First ... 111920212223 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    I was just thinking of things like Barbarian powers, Paladin Smite, and your kind of standard effects (shaken, prone, etc.). that kind of thing.
    Have a look at those modules I mentioned above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So, I had a look at several of them and found only one that seems to do anything. Am I right that the default list of Effects doesn't actually do anything other than list the effect? If so, is there no way to edit these so they do something?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    So, I had a look at several of them and found only one that seems to do anything. Am I right that the default list of Effects doesn't actually do anything other than list the effect? If so, is there no way to edit these so they do something?
    What are you talking about exactly? I mean... there are tons of default effects that do stuff.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

The effects module listed somewhere in this post is mostly spell effects. The prone, shaken, sickened, ect. are already in FG in the effects tab. Everything else in the module is specific to the spell. There are the basic effects for power attack and charging and the like in the module as well. If you were looking for the effects packs that have been built for 5e, that sort of specifics have not been done (to my knowledge) for Pathfinder. There are simply too many books released for Pathfinder that will so many options/clutter to the specific class module. I know there are effects scattered around this board that will do what you want them to do. I think Nick's class/race module has some effects built into it as well.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Hmmm. Well, if I apply the Blinded condition to a PC in the combat tracker, I don't see adjustments to AC, etc. What am I missing?

Oh wait, does it apply to actual rolls, rather than changing the AC listed in the combat tracker?

Oh wait, does it apply to actual rolls, rather than changing the AC listed in the combat tracker?
    Yes, this is the key functionality of effects. They don't change anything in terms of the base stats on the character sheet, they only apply when an action (attack, damage, save, etc.) is rolled. That is the whole functionality of effects - they "effect" the rolls, they don't change the base stats on the sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    When they are working properly you should see [EFFECTS <+/- whatever>] in the chat window where the results are listed.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Yes, I see that now. I knew it wasn't going to adjust AC in the character sheet, but I thought it would adjust it in the tracker. I see that it applies against the roll now. Not sure how I missed this before.

Is there a way to apply an effect on someone that deals in fractional values? Example: Group is fighting underwater. Unless under an effect that allows freedom of movement, melee attacks take a -2 to attack, and unless the weapon is piercing, damage is halved. I know the easy part: 'ATK: -2 melee,' but attempts to apply half damage is halting my progress. I know there is a modifier that will halve damage for you, but is there a way to apply that in to the effect. 'ATK: -2 melee, DMG: [HALF] was my idea, but failed distasterously.

Thread Information