FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 47 of 54 First ... 374546474849 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

That message is not an error - it is just telling you to manually create the module if it fails. It's not telling you it fails.

Look for the directory it says it created - is there anything in there? Is there a .mod file created?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Alas no, only the text and empty .XML files ��

Maldev, sorry, I had not looked at this thread for a while. I hope you figured out the problem since this is back from February.
    The "Power Classes.txt" file must be in the same directory as the parser when parsing powers.

No worries, it has been all sorted. Things are going well thanks. I have a new question posted earlier today " Is there a way to import edited monsters from Adventure tools?"
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Yo, trying to use the 4e item parser and it says i need to give it a module name and i dont know if i quite understand where to do so. I'm using windows 7 and the text does seem be oddly scaled when i run the program, might have something to do with it.

Um.

So.

Is there a quick fix if you were a little excited and parsed everything as a db.xml instead of common?

Thanks!

I'll give it a try when this next parse batch is done. Tried to get all the powers in one shot to run overnight, and somewhere in the rogue powers it stopped parsing and demanded my DDI login again. So now we're going to do the powers and items in small batches.

Hi, please someone can explain why i cant edit modules created by parser? there is a way to edit? (red lock)
    thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by andybrave View Post
    Hi, please someone can explain why i cant edit modules created by parser? there is a way to edit? (red lock)
    thx in advance
    This is fairly standard for Fantasy Grounds reference modules - so that you can't accidentally change the base, original record, for reference within a campaign.

You have a couple of options;
    1) Make a copy of the record you want to edit. Drag/drop the record link within the campaign data list (buttons down the right of the desktop). This will create a copy of the record in the campaign, which you can edit.
    2) If you're not worried about losing the original data in the campaign (you never edit the base module through the campaign, you just "edit" a local reference in the campaign itself), and you don't mind doing some XML editing - open up the FG module and look for static="true" entries within the XML elements - they are usually in high level headers. Remove this text completely. Save and re-package your FG module. All entries should then be editable within your campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information