DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 54 First ... 28363738394048 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

what ever happened to the functionality of parsing a pdf into the data
    Personally, I was unaware of any such functionality for parsing 4E PDFs. (I had written something like that for 5E. But it only worked with the basic rules PDFs.)

I posted a new version of the parser to change the output "to a single data path location that matches other ruleset data paths" per https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?35460. If you notice any errors, please let me know. Thanks

Hmm, I distinctly remember a tool that let me put my digital copies into FG. No matter, the compendium is doing fine, those digital copies are long gone, and the last time I play 4e was many years ago so I may just be imagining it lol. Another question though (sorry there may be a few of these). After downloading the compendium onto my PC, is there an easy way to filter through the 'creatures' list in order to only parse specific creatures from existing data. For instance, if one session called for only a few goblins encounters, could I filter through the data to parse just the required goblins, thus creating a module for one session (which would improve download times for the players and keep their caches low).

Thanks again.
    ..... now where is my hat?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Hmm, I distinctly remember a tool that let me put my digital copies into FG. No matter, the compendium is doing fine, those digital copies are long gone, and the last time I play 4e was many years ago so I may just be imagining it lol. Another question though (sorry there may be a few of these). After downloading the compendium onto my PC, is there an easy way to filter through the 'creatures' list in order to only parse specific creatures from existing data. For instance, if one session called for only a few goblins encounters, could I filter through the data to parse just the required goblins, thus creating a module for one session (which would improve download times for the players and keep their caches low).

Thanks again.
    Players dont cache anything that hasnt been hared with the,. If they dont fight a Gorgon they wont have the Gorgon in their cache.

Ok cool. Does that mean that I can literally have everything from the compendium loaded up as a module and it won't affect load times?
    ..... now where is my hat?

Updated parser for fix for bug with new data paths. (Items were not listed if powers were also included in the module.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Does that mean that I can literally have everything from the compendium loaded up as a module and it won't affect load times?
    Won't effect player load times based of GM content not shared, yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If the information is in the DDI Compendium then it should parse it out.

I have a strange bug with the parser, everything works fine (well, it downloaded some of categories and it's working right now on bigger ones so fingers crossed), but not with every category. When I select Creatures or Feats in Compendium, click "Search", then click "Add entries to download", it shows the amount of entries there which I can then parse. But when I select "Companions & Familiars" then Search it shows entries in Compendium, but when I click "Add entries" it just says "0 Total Entries for Download & Parse". No amount of filtering it further helps.

I also can't help but notice that it's the only category with "&" in its name. Can it be a scraping bug ?

From description of tool on first entry:
    All Compendium Entries but "Companions & Familiars", Artifacts, or Item Sets supported (but most items in Items Sets already listed separately.)
    Tool does not parse those entries. Sorry

Thread Information