FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 33 of 54 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Quote Originally Posted by geewaagh View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out how to parse just Essentials material. The source list is truncated in the parser for me so I can not pick through the right material. Looks like "All rules books" is my only option.
    I just created another option because this is something I wanted as well but I cannot use the Compendium anymore.

You can now filter the entries to specific books (e.g., to create an Essentials only library) by creating a file named "Valid Sources.txt" in the same directory as the parser. All the valid sources from all entries are listed in "All Valid Sources.txt". Copy that and remove what you do not want. Only entries that match with one of the sources you list will make it into the final module. So if you want Essentials only, then list only the books/sources you consider "Essentials". Then parse all entries and only the ones matching those sources will appear in the module. Probably best use from a saved file that already has all the entries rather than downloading all entries again.

When you run the parser it should list how many entries pass the filter. For example:
    25408 Total Entries
    32190 Total Resulting Parsed Entries
    Filtering
    3026 Total Resulting Filtered Parsed Entries

Valeros,

Fantastic! Thank you. Its been a VERY busy week, sorry for the delayed response.

Hi there, new to FG.

This all looks amazing, but am I correct in assuming that there's no way to download and parse the material without having a current DD Insider subscription? I have the free account, but it looks like I'm truly out of luck, eh? When I click "Download and Parse" all it does is tell me when the DL started, no progress. It also asks me to log into DDI with my email instead of my username.

Any options?

Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it.

EDIT: I should say that I own a bunch of the books and was looking into how to do that most effectively, and I stumbled on this thread. If there's no fix for the parser, would you guys have an idea where to start for manual entry (besides with a huge pot of coffee)?
    Last edited by comicspop; June 29th, 2016 at 19:15.

It requires a DDI subscription, since the data is copyrighted.

If you decide to do manual entry, I would just enter the powers as you need them.

In fact, that's how I suggest handling all data entry for campaigns. Just enter what you need, and don't sweat the rest.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It requires a DDI subscription, since the data is copyrighted.

If you decide to do manual entry, I would just enter the powers as you need them.

In fact, that's how I suggest handling all data entry for campaigns. Just enter what you need, and don't sweat the rest.

Cheers,
    JPG
    How could I get a DDI subscription? everytime I want to join it took me to a critical error

I have no idea. I haven't had a DDI subscription, since 5E came out. You'll have to ask Wizards of the Coast support team.

Regards,
    JPG

Does it take you to an error when you check out? Or just trying to click a link somewhere to start the process?

**EDIT** Never mind, I see that the subscription link (https://dnd.wizards.com/go/insider/subscription) is no longer an active link. That's the only place I ever saw to start a subscription.

You could try contacting them via https://wizards.custhelp.com/app/ans...ail/a_id/2297/ to see if they'd be willing to take your $71 or whatever it was for a year subscription, but YMMV.
    Last edited by midas; June 30th, 2016 at 19:00.

They may have stopped taking subscriptions. I have heard others not being able to. I could be very wrong though

So there is no way to make it works?

Thread Information