DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 54 First ... 18262728293038 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

For some reason DDI won't let me sign in through the parser using my email. And the only way I can sign in online is by using my screen name, not my email address. Any ideas why this might be happening? I can't parse and download because I can't login even though I'm a DDI subscriber.

Blog Entries
    Hi Lokisweapon - welcome. Have you read the thread? Or even the last page? The answers are all there

Awesome, thanks damned, but now I can't get it to load as a module. I have an xml file called "db" what should I do with that?

Within the same directory as 4eParser.exe you should have one (or more) files that have a .mod extension. Windows might show it as a video file - but it's not a video file it's a module file (this is just windows configured to recognise .mod as a video).

Copy the .mod files to <FG App data>\modules then launch your 4E campaign and go to the library -> modules section to activate your shiy new library modules.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I did that, there were 4 files total, two xml files and a png file (the thumbnail), and then a .mod file. I took the .mod file and placed it in the modules portion of the appdata. I then opened a 4e campaign and went to the library. I clicked modules and all I see are the default ones. Mine is nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by lokisweapon View Post
    So I did that, there were 4 files total, two xml files and a png file (the thumbnail), and then a .mod file. I took the .mod file and placed it in the modules portion of the appdata. I then opened a 4e campaign and went to the library. I clicked modules and all I see are the default ones. Mine is nowhere to be found.
    Restart FG and try again. Sorry if you've already done that... I can't think why this wouldn't work - I just copy the .mod file to the \modules directory, run a 4E campaign and it is there to select.

One thing to try is open the console window before you go to the library (type /console in the chat window). This might give some warnings about possible issues with the module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    Short answer, no.

Sorting items by level would require another index (meaning writing more code.) My thought for my parser was not to be a substitute for the compendium, but just to save the time typing the entries into FG. I always assumed I would use the compendium, the module, the rulebook, etc. to find what I wanted. I just did not want to have to type it into FG once I knew what I wanted. If FG had more options for sorting built into the windows, that would make it mush easier. But right now, each sort requires an index (at least in the 4E ruleset.)
    Hello,

Is there any chance to make a sorting items by the level?

Thanks for answer.

4e .monster file parser

Is there a parser program that will download the .monster files from DDI Monster Builder?

Is there any chance to make a sorting items by the level?
    Updated to add a "By Level" index on items.

Is there a parser program that will download the .monster files from DDI Monster Builder?
    I do not know of one, but a partial solution is to use my old .monster File Converter. Not sure if it still works and it was never perfect.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?17679

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    Updated to add a "By Level" index on items.

I do not know of one, but a partial solution is to use my old .monster File Converter. Not sure if it still works and it was never perfect.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?17679
    Thanks Valeros, I will give it a go.

Are there any tools available to load, edit and save .monster files besides Monster Builder? Loading .monster files saved from the Silverlight online Monster Builder crashes the older offline Monster Builder...

Thread Information