DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 54 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Awesome! I can't wait to get home and try it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help

I tried downloading with it today and didn't have any luck. I'm getting an error that says. No entries found. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for the help though.

WotC's server is like 3 hamsters in a cage. Assuming you actually selected something just try again at a different time.

So was the issue with the fact you login now with a username and no longer an email patched? Its refusing to work for me using one window even though Im putting in my DDI login. Since its not an email its not letting me use it.
    Last edited by Redemption77; December 6th, 2014 at 07:52.

im having the same problem
    wont let me log in with login name or email

Would it be against the rules for someone to share the preparsed modules with someone who has an active d&d insider sub but it having problems getting the parser to login?
    Last edited by torndo; December 8th, 2014 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by torndo View Post
    Would it be against the rules for someone to share the preparsed modules with someone who has an active d&d insider sub but it having problems getting the parser to login?
    If my understanding is correct, what you're describing is unfortunately illegal. Regardless of whether or not the recipient has a DDI subscription, you're still redistributing DDI content to him/her and that's not allowed. The only way DDI content can move is from the DDI website to a subscriber, no middleman inbetween because Wizards has not granted permission for any middleman to exist.

Yes, it sucks. Intellectual Property law often does, and I (and a lot of other people) would kill for a RPG that was designed from the ground up to incorporate something like DDI only in a more open setting.

Is there something that can be changed in the coding of the parser to allow usernames instead of user emails since DDI changed their format?

Quote Originally Posted by kaynorr View Post
    ...I (and a lot of other people) would kill for a RPG that was designed from the ground up to incorporate something like DDI only in a more open setting.
    This describes Pathfinder (among other RPGs). All of the open material in the Pathfinder Reference Document can be included/distributed as long as the OGL is adhered to: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ Hence why Smiteworks can distribute library modules with the product and why there are lots of library modules created by the community - available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ist-of-Modules

Or any other RPG with an OGL/SRD or creative commons licence. D&D 3.5e was the last D&D version to use the OGL (which was created by Wizards).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I need to get the modules or Parse my data from the DDI somehow other then by hand, but it doesnt seem either is feasible at this moment since one isnt ethical and the other cant be done due to program issues. Are there any other parser programs available or in the works?

Thread Information