DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 54 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

That is the way the Compendium appears in Internet Explorer. The application is using IE for that window. So if you launch IE and go to the Compendium, that is what the menu looks like. So I do not believe it is an issue with this application, but with how IE renders the page. Nothing I can do about that.

Chrome seems to render the menu correctly. And I have not tried this, so have absolutely no idea if it will actually work. But if you load the Chrome overlay on top of IE, maybe then IE (and thus this application) would work???

Yeah in just the compendium it sorts right with chrome. I normally use chrome so I didn't know about IE that's why I thought it was weird. When I get a chance I'll research the overlay more and see what happens.

Hi!

Valeros, with 5e playtesting wrapping up there is a lot of talk about the "demise" of DDI.

Although I have already future proofed myself with your parser, was there any data left in the compendium your parser couldn't get?

Thanks!

Primarch

As far as I know, it should work with everything but "Companions & Familiars". I never did those entries.

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    As far as I know, it should work with everything but "Companions & Familiars". I never did those entries.
    Hi!

Are you planning to include those in the parser, or is the parser "done".

Thanks!

Primarch

I do not really have the desire to do those entries, so basically "done". But willing to try to fix bugs or potentially modify if a new version of FG or the ruleset needs output in a different format.

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    I do not really have the desire to do those entries, so basically "done". But willing to try to fix bugs or potentially modify if a new version of FG or the ruleset needs output in a different format.
    Hi!

No problem. I just wanted to know since I have multiple backed up copies of the entire compendium and the raw data to manipulate I don't really need a DDI subscription anymore.

Thanks!

Primarch

I just parsed all the items and I thought I'd mention there is one item that throws an error, on the Mold King's Crown.

So... I finally used the parser for the first time. How incredibly amazing this thing is.

So... if I want to strip out anything NOT in the 4E Essentials books, can I just go through the db.xml file and delete each node I don't want? (I understand there's a LOT of them.)
    Last edited by Xorn; October 7th, 2013 at 18:27.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Yeah, that would work. Technically you really only have to update the indexes but that's most of the work anyway since there are multiple index entries per data point. Its unfortunate the Select Compendium Entries doesn't work right. It's a bug in their code for Internet Explorer where some entries don't appear after a dash. I've complained to WotC, and they might fix it if enough people complained - just because I assume they are going to use the same DDI framework for 5E. I'm not sure if you noticed it but the Other tab has page numbers and source(s) so if you trust you players not to mess up you could just tell them to check.

Thread Information