DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 54 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

So as of Aug 31 i can not seem to log into DDI via parser, i've logging in first with IE, tryed everything but it still says my login is no good. any fixes?

Never mind i found out how to log in via parser window.

I subscribed to DDI and the parser won't accept my login, either by username or email address and I tried both the parser window and in the window below it when it fails. I verified the login on the DDI website and all of the DDI content works on their site. If anyone has the magic word to make the parser happy I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance

Update
    Sorry. Head/desk I didn't see the part about using Internet Explorer ONLY. I'm a devout Firefox user and don't remember what Internet Explorer looks like.

Update #2
    Finally got past the DDI login by having the program set for 2 browsers and now all I get is "NO Entries Found"

Update #3
    The "NO Entries Found" Message continues. I tried it with the "other" 4e Parser program and it returns a "500 server Error" from the DDI servers. Has anyone been able to successfully scrape the DDI servers in the past few days?
    Last edited by Weepdrag; September 16th, 2015 at 16:22.

Anybody out there?, anybody?, crickets?? Has anyone had a successful scrape of the DDI in the past week?

I do not have my subscription anymore, but I have a few recommendations:

Before you do anything, login to DDI from the "SignIn" button in the browser that is part of the tool. If it will not let you login from there, that is a problem.
    Attachment 11036

Then start at Step 1 of the GUI. I recommend you only use one browser. You will be able to see it working at the bottom. If not, then there is a problem. If it asks you for your username/password once you start to download, that apparently does not work for newer accounts. But that is why you need to login before that.

Also, what entries are you trying to download (i.e., what option did you use in Step 1)? I recommend picking something small to start with if you are having trouble (i.e., something that does not return hundreds or thousands of entries, but less than 50 entries.)

Hi Valeros, thanks for the reply. I've tried to download a single file in step 1 with the same result. My login only seems to work if I set the app for 2 browsers and have Internet Explorer open and logged in to DDI otherwise it comes up as invalid login. I tried to use Parse4E and received a 500 server error back from DDI. I've tried multiple installations on a couple of different computers with same results. The app pulls all of the categories and entries, then on step 4 returns "no entries". I'm just wondering if WotC made a change this month to block parsing. I just don't want to pay another month if this is a no go.

Thanks for the reply

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the DDI stuff is being affected by this stuff?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...closing-forums

Thanks Damned, maybe the DDI is dead for our purposes, hopefully someone else will be able to confirm or debunk whether it is before my subscription ends.

Blog Entries
    I no longer have an account to test with - in fact I havent used this parser in a long time... sorry....

When I parsed the 4e stuff several months back i had major connection issues trying to connect and finally did connect. Hearing this I am glad I did it then and did not wait.

Thread Information