FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 54 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can maybe help me with this 4e parser. I started a download with it about 45 hours ago, but only selected one browser. I can't tell if the program is still downloading or not. I'm hesitant to restart my computer. It can't possible take this long, can it (1 browser)_? Any help would be appreciated. I attached a picture so you can see what I'm currently looking at.

Thanks

It looks like you didn't input your DDI password? Loosely speaking it takes about 1 second per entry and some entries generate more than one writes. So on that parse probably about 10,000 seconds or about 167 minutes.

Thanks for the help. I have had issues logging into my DDI account with internet explorer. I can only get in using google chrome for some reason and when I try to log into it from the parser it give me an error saying it was unable to locate my DDI account. My account is only like 4 days old, not sure if that matters or why I have problems with this.

Unfortunately, the parser uses IE internally since its a .NET program. Chrome works much better with base DDI though. I did just check and I could still log into DDI with IE.

I'll have to try on another computer then. Thanks for the help.

I am having the same issue as Snoozy. I am using IE 11, it's also my only browser. Windows 7 Ulitmate, running the parser as admin. It will not let me log into DND Insider. I think this is because its pointing to the wrong websites. When I click subscribe now or or any other links on the parser I get the screen below. I have verified my email and login are correct. Ive even tried changing my password but nothing will let me sign in.

Attachment 8115

Edit*

I think there's a problem with the log in. To get into DnD Insider you use a username, but the parser is requesting an email. DnD Insider is an archived link. https://archive.wizards.com/dnd/tools.aspx.
    Last edited by huntintx; November 26th, 2014 at 17:46.

I am having the same issue as Snoozy. I am using IE 11, it's also my only browser. Windows 7 Ulitmate, running the parser as admin. It will not let me log into DND Insider. I think this is because its pointing to the wrong websites. When I click subscribe now or or any other links on the parser I get the screen below. I have verified my email and login are correct. Ive even tried changing my password but nothing will let me sign in.

Attachment 8117

EDIT*
    I think the problem is for new accounts made in DnD Insider after they made the switch and archived the site. DnD Insider now uses usernames instead of emails. Is there anyway to change the code to reflect the changes made by DDI? Is there source code anywere?
    Last edited by huntintx; November 26th, 2014 at 18:21.

Hmm. I was able to login with the parser and make a test run but my DDI account is old. So it does seem like it might be a login rather than a path problem. I take it you tried entering your username instead of an e-mail? You might try PMing valeros but I know he doesn't have a DDI account any more.

One other thing to consider is IE 11 will update itself at times and can cause problems with some websites. Try adding the site to Compatibility View Settings for IE. Not sure if it will help but might be worth trying out.

Posted a new version that does not use IE for multiple downloads. Pick 2, 3, or 4 for number of browsers (higher numbers will work but will actually end up being slower.) This will generate Http Web Requests instead of using IE. Using the default on 1 will still try to use the .Net WebBrowser control, which is basically IE. No guarantees with this as I do not have a DDI account anymore.

The program does hardcode the URL, but the URL to the compendium has not changed. It is still https://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/c.../database.aspx

Thread Information