DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Or, check post #15...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try converting the PDF to word and see if that works better for you. I've used Nuance Power PDF Standard for converting the Pathfinder Bestiary PDFs, but it costs $100. It works pretty well for me in the Paizo PDFs. If you're willing to splash the cash to find a solution maybe try the trial version...
    It's only 90.00 now, checking the trial, I don't have Word, but i'll try the same principle with Google Docs.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Rob, NPC Engineer deals with the three most common ligatures and a swathe of other common errors if (a) you can be bothered copy-pasting into it and (b) if it is an NPC you're dealing with.
    Ligatures were a PITA to sort out but I nailed them eventually.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Rob, NPC Engineer deals with the three most common ligatures and a swathe of other common errors if (a) you can be bothered copy-pasting into it and (b) if it is an NPC you're dealing with.
    Ligatures were a PITA to sort out but I nailed them eventually.

Maasq
    NPC Engineer what is this sorcery?
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Link in my sig - I've been developing it quietly (OK, noisily) over the past couple of months. Its goal is to take all the info from a statblock, recognise/tag/format it, then have it ready for par5e or KP9911's parser.
    I found a significant issue with it though - clicking 'new NPC' doesn't clear all fields on the extended tabs (first tab is fine) so just tread carefully with the 2nd and subsequent NPCs until I get my fix done.

It's a 'rebuild the GUI from the ground up using different code' type of issue, unfortunately, and is taking longer than I hoped. I am free of kids for the whole day tomorrow though, and I plan to fill those hours with the joy of bug-hunting

Certainly you could look at the current version and see if its witchcraft suits your needs. I've attached a manual to the zip file, and I *think* it's decent. Hard to tell when you are so close to a project

Happy to hear suggestions and requests too

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    It's only 90.00 now, checking the trial, I don't have Word, but i'll try the same principle with Google Docs.
    And, I've found that using the direct convert sometimes has issues. Open your PDF then use File -> Save As and select the output format. I use Word .docx, but I'd recommend experimenting with options to see what works for you and the applications you use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    And, I've found that using the direct convert sometimes has issues. Open your PDF then use File -> Save As and select the output format. I use Word .docx, but I'd recommend experimenting with options to see what works for you and the applications you use.
    I am saving to word now to see what i get
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

I am saving to word now to see what i get
    If it's a large file it can take a while. And can spend a lot of time on 99% - as this is where it compiles the output file. You can check on the output file to see it slowly growing, so you know something's happening even though it may look like it's stuck at 99%.

Blog Entries
    If it's a large file it can take a while. And can spend a lot of time on 99% - as this is where it compiles the output file. You can check on the output file to see it slowly growing, so you know something's happening even though it may look like it's stuck at 99%.
    I'm using adobe acrobat to export it and it's lockinh up sometimes.

Patience!
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

I still get ligatures albeit differently. Instead of "The" becoming " e" it now becomes "Th e". Instead of the letters "fl" "fi" etc. disappearing, they now show up but are still separated from words. "flat" becomes "fl at" etc. So it makes the problem a LITTLE better, but it doesn't solve it.

Any other ideas?
    Haven't been on forums much - work/family/vacations taking all my time except Wed nights (/wave Myrddin) - but while this is likely not much help - wanted to toss out that when I was tr4ying to copy/paste from pdfs on macbook ctrlc/v issues a plenty then some folks explained a nice app that basically runs and stays on taskbar, fixes the pasting AND side-effect pastes paras together and seems to also improve funky splits I used to see.

Since it probably is of no use unless also can work on Mac (I used to do both, preferring Win because of notepad++, now kinda feel mac easier for ONCE) won't go fire it up to check b/c just got home and sleepy. Can if anyone can use and no one answered by tomorrow.

Thread Information