FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How to Convert PDF to FG

Hi guys i was wanting to know how to convert my pdf's that i have to work with FG system.
    PFS ID: #42488 Ultimate License Holder
    Dolby Axon ID: John/Djmaxx
    Skype Account Name: halo.sierra117
    TS3 name: Djmaxx
    Windows live email: [email protected]

To have everything is to have nothing at all.

Blog Entries
    Assuming the PDF is OCR reference-able. Simply open the PDF, select the text you want and then copy. In FGII, open the entry you want the data to be copied into and paste it. For entry types which support formatting of text, you can then optionally format your text as per the PDF e.g. titles, paragraph text, lists, italicised or bolded text. For images, export the images you require from the PDF and then place the image files in the FGII campaign images folder.

Once you have compiled all your data you can then use the /export command in FGII to export the data into a module (for campaign portability).

Which ruleset are you using?
    Last edited by Zeus; September 3rd, 2012 at 00:35.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Im actually trying to convert a game i made to work in FGII. I was wondering how to convert it into its own ruleset so that i can use it in FGII.

I'm completely new to makeing rulesets and the sort and i could really use the help

Blog Entries
    What you said in your second post is a heck of a lot different than what you said in your first.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Library modules are a lot more involved than creating Adventure modules. You have to modify the XML file directly to get the text in to the correct format for display. The needs some familiarity with how XML or HTML works in terms of the tags that denote sections and formatting.

Building a ruleset, the code that specifies how the character sheet, npc sheet, combat tracker, etc. will look, is even more involved. It requires XML and Lua (script) code to be written.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Library modules are a lot more involved than creating Adventure modules. You have to modify the XML file directly to get the text in to the correct format for display. The needs some familiarity with how XML or HTML works in terms of the tags that denote sections and formatting.

Building a ruleset, the code that specifies how the character sheet, npc sheet, combat tracker, etc. will look, is even more involved. It requires XML and Lua (script) code to be written.

Well is there some were i can look to try to get this started cause if i can do it i would be willing to post it so everyone could get it and try it.
    Is there any programs that i will need to have? I have a little coding experience using C++ VS2008/2010. I havent tried XML or Lua but im willing to give it a go.
    Last edited by Djmaxx; September 4th, 2012 at 16:21.

I use JEdit, a text editor with highlighting for XML and Lua. Delving in to the existing rulesets is useful to learn how stuff works, as is the Anatomy of a ruleset series on the fGWiki. The library has ruleset reference material as well. The Lua reference on the web helps with syntax.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Generally, I suggest to people looking to build a ruleset to start with an existing ruleset that is close to the system they want (d20, etc.). Then, start making minor changes to get your hands dirty, and learn the way the code works.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks guys ill try that first and maybe here soon i can shear it with everyone

Blog Entries
    What's up a post from five years ago. Does anyone have a good method of combatting the ligature problem when copying text from a PDF. i.e., words with combos like "fi" "fl" "ff" etc. being JACKED!

fighter becomes ighter

Anyone know a good PDF program that eliminates this?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thread Information