5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    It´s me the GM!
    Here is my GM Token
    Attachment 10696

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    I did unzip the file... then replaced the .png in the folder that it created... and then renamed the zip file to a .ext file.
    Just leave it unzipped, and you'll be able to drag and drop a new icon whenever you want. If an extension is unzipped, it loads the unzipped version by preference, and leaving it unzipped allows you to easily replace the icon whenever you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Just leave it unzipped, and you'll be able to drag and drop a new icon whenever you want. If an extension is unzipped, it loads the unzipped version by preference, and leaving it unzipped allows you to easily replace the icon whenever you feel like it.
    Ahhh.. so I can remove the folder that it created when I originally unzipped it, and just replace the png file in the zip file.

I will definitely be trying that today.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    Ahhh.. so I can remove the folder that it created when I originally unzipped it, and just replace the png file in the zip file.

I will definitely be trying that today.
    No, you just unzip it into a folder called "GM Icon". Within this folder is the .xml, and a folder called "icons". Within the icons folder is a .png. After you've created that directory structure (which you should get by just right-clicking on the original .zip file and selecting "Extract All") you can remove any files named "GM Icon.ext" or "GM Icon.zip". You want to leave it as a folder within the extensions directory so that you can just drag and drop new gm icons into that icons folder.

I guess I should have included instructions.

1. Download .zip file into your extensions directory
    2. Bring up a folder viewer and navigate to your extensions directory
    3. Right click on .zip and select "Extract All"
    4. Copy your wanted GM Icon into the "icons" directory within the extracted folder, using the same name name as the existing icon
    5. Select "Replace GM Token" from the extensions list next time you start your campaign
    6. Changing the icon within the icons folder in the future will change the token used the next time FG is started with that extension active

I finally figured out my issue. My ZIP program didn't have an "Extract All" option, so I was just letting it extract to the main extension folder itself (so that the xml file was in the extensions folder, with the icon folder there as well). When I let it extract to a folder called "GM Icon" within the extensions folder, everything worked as advertised.

Thanks for the help on this, everyone.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Great, glad you got it working!

Hi

Thanks for that extension With the new version v3.3.7 this extension does not work anymore, but I am not sure if this is only due to me; wanted to tell write this here, just in case someone wonders what happened

Best,

Kelrugem

EDIT: I guess this is due to the little changes about the gm icons in the chat (the question mark is now the crossed eye), so the gm portrait file seems not to be there anymore (and is not displayed)

EDIT2: Okay, nevermind, it is due to me In some other campaign without extensions it still works For completeness: It does not work with the hero point extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...PFRPG-CoC-CnC) ). I try to fix that
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 19th, 2018 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon View Post
    Keep at it . Following Valarians way IS the best (you wont edit the core files of the program). But, Valarian while I agree this is the best way, it has a tiny "flaw" in that it can only be used for a new campaign... Or that is, they only way I know atm .

editing the "core" file can be a bit tricky I agree, but:

1.)make a copy of your .pak file (just in case.)
    2.)rename the original file from .pak to .zip.
    3.)right click the file and show properties on the file and make sure you have full acces to the file! I can show you how if you dont know how.
    4.) open the zip file and find the icon here \graphics\icons\portrait_gm_token.png. Replace it with your icon.
    5.) rename the .zip to .pak.

and that should do it.

I now have the eye of sauron as a GM icon .
    Thanks helped me in 2020 along with https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post243752
    to change my DM logo !!!

Whoa! TIL you can leave a FG ext folder unzipped for ease of swapping graphics and the program still uses it correctly! Thanks y'all, super helpful.

fg-gm-icon.JPG
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Thread Information