Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Change GM Icon on Chat Log?

Is there a way to change the "GM" icon picture? Currently running the Marvel Heroic game and wanted to add The Watcher picture instead.

Thanks!

PJ

Look for the portrait_gm_token.png file in the icons folder of the ruleset.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    Look for the portrait_gm_token.png file in the icons folder of the ruleset.
    Thanks for your help. Can't seem to find the "icons" folder or the "ruleset" folder (using the 4E version that came with Fantasy Grounds).

PJ

pjrake,

The file you're showing isn't actually the ruleset, that's the FG application data folder. I *believe* the 4e ruleset is now a .pak file in the FGII programs folder. You can change the .pak file extension to .zip and open the folder with any zip access program and change it back when you're done making changes. Inside there you will find icons folder and .png file Valarian referenced.

Cheers!
    GMK

It would be best to copy the 4e.pak (found in the FG2 installation directory - under Program Files). Then change to .zip and unpack. Copy the contents to a my4e folder under the "rulesets" folder in the Application data folder. If this doesn't exist, just create it - under the folder you took the screenshot of above.

Of course, all this will only work if you've got the Full or Ultimate version and can create a campaign.
    Last edited by Valarian; August 27th, 2012 at 17:35.

Quote Originally Posted by pjrake
    Is there a way to change the "GM" icon picture? Currently running the Marvel Heroic game and wanted to add The Watcher picture instead.

Thanks!

PJ
    Thats a VERY cool idea actually... Now I have to find one that suits me for GM in a Pathfinder campaign... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon
    Thats a VERY cool idea actually... Now I have to find one that suits me for GM in a Pathfinder campaign... hmmm

Started to follow the steps that was suggested, but kinda ran into some problems after unzipping the file

Will try again a bit later (got frustrated! lol)

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by pjrake

Started to follow the steps that was suggested, but kinda ran into some problems after unzipping the file

Will try again a bit later (got frustrated! lol)

PJ
    Keep at it . Following Valarians way IS the best (you wont edit the core files of the program). But, Valarian while I agree this is the best way, it has a tiny "flaw" in that it can only be used for a new campaign... Or that is, they only way I know atm .

editing the "core" file can be a bit tricky I agree, but:

1.)make a copy of your .pak file (just in case.)
    2.)rename the original file from .pak to .zip.
    3.)right click the file and show properties on the file and make sure you have full acces to the file! I can show you how if you dont know how.
    4.) open the zip file and find the icon here \graphics\icons\portrait_gm_token.png. Replace it with your icon.
    5.) rename the .zip to .pak.

and that should do it.

I now have the eye of sauron as a GM icon .

If the campaign is basically on the same ruleset (not making structural changes to the character record), you can just copy the db.xml from the old campaign folder (based on the 4e ruleset) to the new one (based on the copy).
    Last edited by Valarian; August 27th, 2012 at 20:54.

Thread Information