Starfinder Playlist
Page 36 of 40 First ... 263435363738 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi Atua - create the channel. Then go back in and change it to permanent. Temporary will disappear after usage. Semi-permanent will dissappear after a reboot. Permanent will disappear if I keep finding it i the wrong place....

I have it as semi-permanent at the moment, I don't seem to have the authority to set it too permanent.

Thanks Damned, that did it.

If you wait too long between games, the channel is "cleaned up". You can make it stay around longer by logging into it every few days for a few minutes. However, if they reboot the server, the channel will go away again. You can rent your own server and make whatever channels you want and make them permanent, that's what I do. I think I'm paying like $3 / month, something like that (paid 3 years in advance like a year ago).

To be clear:
    - Semi-permanent channels only go away when the TS server is rebooted. You don't need to log into the channel every few days and there is no "wait too long" period.
    - Permanent channels are just that - permanent. We have given channel admins the right to make channel permanent. You don't need to rent your own server to get permanent channels - you can use the community TS server - damned outlines the procedure in post #351 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Atua - create the channel. Then go back in and change it to permanent. Temporary will disappear after usage. Semi-permanent will dissappear after a reboot. Permanent will disappear if I keep finding it i the wrong place....
    That actually didn't seem to work for me.
    I have a 'semi-permanent' channel that I infrequently recreate (a 3 second process) after a reboot.. but the 'permanent' option does not seem to be available at any point.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Just as an FYI - there is a setting on the channels for an icon, but it is always ghosted. Is this by design, is it a permissions thing, or is it something "extra" that the Server Admin needs to set up/install/turn on?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    That actually didn't seem to work for me.
    I have a 'semi-permanent' channel that I infrequently recreate (a 3 second process) after a reboot.. but the 'permanent' option does not seem to be available at any point.
    You need to be the channel admin to be able to change to permanent. To be channel admin you must be the ID that created the channel and then enter the actual channel - you will then see a "FG" green icon after your name that if you hover over will show "Channel Admin [Admin Group]". Then right-click on the channel you are in and "Edit Channel" and change it to permanent.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You need to be the channel admin to be able to change to permanent. To be channel admin you must be the ID that created the channel and then enter the actual channel - you will then see a "FG" green icon after your name that if you hover over will show "Channel Admin [Admin Group]". Then right-click on the channel you are in and "Edit Channel" and change it to permanent.
    Hmm.. you are talking 'Channel' rather than 'Subchannel'. Since I only ever create 'Subchannels' with the specific group of 'Channels' in the game channels area.. that's probably why I'm seeing the issue.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Hmm.. you are talking 'Channel' rather than 'Subchannel'. Since I only ever create 'Subchannels' with the specific group of 'Channels' in the game channels area.. that's probably why I'm seeing the issue.
    I'm using the term interchangeably, as below the top level they are basically the same.

If you're still not able to change to permanent - please provide a screenshot showing the TS screen where you are in the sub-channel you want to assign, and the edit window. Thanks.

Thread Information