DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 27 of 40 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last

Thanks.
    Last edited by Marswipp; August 15th, 2016 at 21:23. Reason: Changed message.
    You can find me on Steam and Discord.

seems to be down? might just be me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhok View Post
    seems to be down? might just be me
    Just you

ya it kicked me out for almost 30 then let me back in weird.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhok View Post
    ya it kicked me out for almost 30 then let me back in weird.
    Naughty corner?

You guys considered setting up a Discord server? It's free, limitless connection, and has the benefit of allowing text etc so you could set up LFG channels where people can pop in and see who's active/when they last were.

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    You guys considered setting up a Discord server?
    Nope, haven't even considered it. The community TeamSpeak server gives us what we want - a proven voice platform that can support FG Con (we know, because we've ran FG Con on it many times). It's in our control (damned has it hosted), so even if TeamSpeak went tits-up tomorrow we'd still be able to use it, in theory forever. It gives us what we want, no need to change at this point.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    There are lots of great Voice platforms out there. Discord looks good - I have nothing against it. As Trenloe says this one works so we are happy to continue with it at this time.

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying replace Teamspeak for important events where it's proven to be ideal, but running a Discord server in conjunction. The benefits I mention are still not met by Teamspeak, such as a live LFG channel with a chat that stays present for when people log on/off at different times, allowing good organisation amongst groups and people trying to find games. Aswell as these persistant text boxes for GMs and players. *shrug* Just a suggestion. It's proven a success for other VTTs and other communities that have embraced it. Didn't seem a silly idea to suggest it.

Thread Information